Nitro 5 [AN515-53] wifi disconnect random problem

firecat
firecat Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently got my laptop and for some reason the wifi keeps disconnecting. Yes I try everything i could find to fix this problem and yes my router is fine too since my other devices/phone does not disconnect. I do not know if this is a defect, should i return for one that works or is there something im not doing to fix it. Also yes it is updated, everything is updated, all new computer.

Best Answer

• firecat

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    r3tr0 said:
    What is listed under the Network adapters in device manger?
    I know that you say that everything is updated however Windows tends to use synthetic drivers instead of the manufacturer's drivers, so were you able to lookup your exact model based on the SN on the acer support site?
    If you have downloaded the correct one and successfully installed it; it should be listed under the network adapters in device managager
    Other methods that you can try pertaining to your local private network is to change the channel on the router, sometime if you live in an apartment, cluster of homes etc it can create conflicts if other people are on the same channel as you, also depending on your wifi setup there is your regular wifi snid and then the 5g version. If you are having connection issues and are connected to the 5G version; I would recommend connecting to the latter one as I find that it usually has more stable connections. 
    Hope this helps!
    Someone posted the same thing and i try that too, it doesnt work. I just return it and now the new one works like normal. I think i got a defect one.

Answers

• r3tr0
    r3tr0 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I know that you say that everything is updated however Windows tends to use synthetic drivers instead of the manufacturer's drivers, so were you able to lookup your exact model based on the SN on the acer support site?
    If you have downloaded the correct one and successfully installed it; it should be listed under the network adapters in device managager
    Other methods that you can try pertaining to your local private network is to change the channel on the router, sometime if you live in an apartment, cluster of homes etc it can create conflicts if other people are on the same channel as you, also depending on your wifi setup there is your regular wifi snid and then the 5g version. If you are having connection issues and are connected to the 5G version; I would recommend connecting to the latter one as I find that it usually has more stable connections. 
    Hope this helps!
  • firecat

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    r3tr0 said:
    Hope this helps!
    Someone posted the same thing and i try that too, it doesnt work. I just return it and now the new one works like normal. I think i got a defect one.