X35 flickering(Acer X35 monitor)

Answers

• FixFlickering
    FixFlickering Member Posts: 21 Networker
    I'll make some noise to wake them up  =) 
  • Naennon
    Naennon Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    dlim389 said:
    Well it's December 31, 2019... I don't know why it is taking too long to release firmware update. 
    because they suck! ACER, ASUS and especially nvidia (nvidias turn to code and release the update)

• dlim389
    dlim389 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    Naennon said:
    dlim389 said:
    Well it's December 31, 2019... I don't know why it is taking too long to release firmware update. 
    because they suck! ACER, ASUS and especially nvidia (nvidias turn to code and release the update)

Well then it's time to get ACER and ASUS their attention, otherwise they would not take very serious for the community to release firmware update as soon as possible before the end of December 2019! 

Tweet and send direct message to ACER and ASUS on Twitter.
    ROG Global ASUS: https://twitter.com/ASUS_ROG
    ACER: https://twitter.com/Acer
  • Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Naennon said:
    PG27UQ Firmware was announced in Fall 2018 to be released last week of dec 2018 > firmware appeared jun 2019 and still is not officially and downloadable on their website

just fyi
    Obviously, there seems to be a pattern of corporate consumer abuse as we did not get our firmware update as promised. I absolutely condone this behavior. This is a bad way to treat people and a lousy way to do business. 
  • Naennon
    yep - and there is not much you can do about it
  • FixFlickering
    Happy New Year anyway ! with a lot of nice updates ahah The Asus guy will ask the engineers what's going on, he'll come back to me in 2-3 days :)
  • Naennon
    got the same message - you don't have to put anything on it
  • FixFlickering
    edited January 2020
    I found another bug, sometimes, rarely, I'm surfing on the Internet, and my screen turns black and then lights up again, and I notice that the led under the screen is no longer red (G-SYNC ON) but white (g- sync disabled). 

In the nvidia control panel, the G-SYNC tab is not there anymore, a bug in the drivers for sure!
    If I disconnect and reconnect the DP cable, it works. 
  • tinykitten
    tinykitten Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello. I'm the person that linked the PG27UQ firmware update on overclock.net (alongside a disclaimer). It took about half a year of going back and forth with ASUS' support to get that link for the tool. To my knowledge it still hasn't been officially released yet which should give you an idea on what to expect, aside from pr talk. 

That aside, I believe that tool bricked my PG27UQ (one of the first units up for purchace in Germany probably, now refunded) so there's that also. Performance felt super sluggish after a while, plus the HDR experience wasn't as impressive as it used to be.

Point is, as long as we cling to these half cooked products they will remain the same with a plethora of issues. We will encounter similar issues on the Micro/Mini LED monitors and whatever else is scheduled for the future. Like, grab a C9 + any secondary monitor you want for now? Far superior picture quality, cheaper if you go for a "generic" 120hz 21:9 monitor as addition, plus you have a decent TV once something worthwhile gets released.

Cheers

• FixFlickering
    tinykitten said: Hello. I'm the person that linked the PG27UQ firmware update on overclock.net (alongside a disclaimer). It took about half a year of going back and forth with ASUS' support to get that link for the tool. To my knowledge it still hasn't been officially released yet which should give you an idea on what to expect, aside from pr talk. 
    That aside, I believe that tool bricked my PG27UQ (one of the first units up for purchace in Germany probably, now refunded) so there's that also. Performance felt super sluggish after a while, plus the HDR experience wasn't as impressive as it used to be.

Point is, as long as we cling to these half cooked products they will remain the same with a plethora of issues. We will encounter similar issues on the Micro/Mini LED monitors and whatever else is scheduled for the future. Like, grab a C9 + any secondary monitor you want for now? Far superior picture quality, cheaper if you go for a "generic" 120hz 21:9 monitor as addition, plus you have a decent TV once something worthwhile gets released.
    Cheers

except that on the information page, they don't talk about a screen return like the pg27uq, it talks about updating to be done by itself, and I already have an oled 55" screen, I want a monitor to play on, not a TV and there's asus and acer to imply, the update will come, but when ...
  • r3tr0
    r3tr0 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hey sorry if this has already been covered but could it be that the power supply is not providing the monitor with enough juice? 
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2020
    No. The power supply isnt the issue. They know what the issue is now its an lcd sensitivity to certain colour patterns. They have an FAQ on the website. 
  • Naennon
    it is variable overdrive - nothing more nothing less
    and it is nvidias turn to alter the tables for this inside the g-sync module
  • dlim389
    And yet, still no firmware update unfortunately. I don't get why they're taking their sweet time. This has already past December 2019... 
  • Aldur67
    Aldur67 Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    @Acer-Manny - Can we get an update on the status of the firmware update? If Acer is still working on it, that's fine, but an update on the status (one more week, two more weeks?) would really be appreciated.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Aldur67 said:
    @Acer-Manny - Can we get an update on the status of the firmware update? If Acer is still working on it, that's fine, but an update on the status (one more week, two more weeks?) would really be appreciated.
    dlim389 said:
    And yet, still no firmware update unfortunately. I don't get why they're taking their sweet time. This has already past December 2019... 
    Unfortunately, we don't have an exact date, we are waiting on ETA right now. As soon we have any more detail information to share i will update this thread.

Thank you for your patience,
    Acer-Manny
  • dlim389
    Aldur67 said:
    dlim389 said:
    Unfortunately, we don't have an exact date, we are waiting on ETA right now. As soon we have any more detail information to share i will update this thread.

Acer-Manny
    What?! This is preposterous!
  • dlim389
    Aldur67 said:
    dlim389 said:

Acer-Manny
    What?! Don't tell us we have to wait about a week, two weeks, or maybe months for firmware update...
  • Naennon
    edited January 2020
    hehe =) we will...
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Ive been waiting for months already. This is so agonizingly annoying. -.-
This discussion has been closed.