displayport issues with new acer predator monitor xb271hu

HatzDk
HatzDk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
so i got a new monitor for christmas and have a problem. when i plug in DP cable i get a black screen and no signal, everything is fine when using HDMI but DP is just showning no signal

my monitor is a Acer predator xb271hu

my computer specs:
Windows 10 64bit
Nvidia GTX 660
i5 processer
asus h81m-PLUS motherbord 

i have been on 50-100 websites for searching for a solution but with no luck

i also bought a new DP cable but still no luck

i know that i just could use HDMI but i would be glad to reach 144-165 hz

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    First step is to try a different cable, that's usually the problem when one port isn't doing anything. Looks like you've done that, but are you sure the one you bought is the right DP? The display should drop to the resolution supported by older cables but you're going to want to make sure your DP cable is going to support the higher speeds. Next, when the DP is plugged in and HDMI is not, have you tried to use the OSD to choose between sources? It might still be on HDMI instead of swapping to DP. Next, can you try a different monitor on the DP port from your computer? Maybe the GPU has a problem with that port. The problem pretty much has to be the GPU port, the cable or the DP on the monitor. Once we pin it down we can decide the next step.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HatzDk

Tinkerer

ofc i tried to change it from HDMI to DP in the OSD. i don't have any other monitors to try on, my monitor is new so don't think that is the problem. can u explain what u mean about the DP cable?
  • HatzDk

Tinkerer

i tried with both DP 1.2 and 1.4 but nothing is working
  • KidDocDMC
    KidDocDMC Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having the same problem with DP.  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC 8GB.
  • billsey
    @HatzDk it sounds like you've done everything obvious in trying to diagnose the issue. I think it's wise to go ahead and contact Acer support to get their take on it. It's possible the DP is just not working on yours, which means either a swap with the vendor or a repair by Acer. The only other times I typically see one that just doesn't seem to work is when the GPU is set to force output in a resolution not supported, such as 4K to a 1080P screen or 144Hz refresh to a monitor that only supports 120Hz...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HatzDk

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    @HatzDk it sounds like you've done everything obvious in trying to diagnose the issue. I think it's wise to go ahead and contact Acer support to get their take on it. It's possible the DP is just not working on yours, which means either a swap with the vendor or a repair by Acer. The only other times I typically see one that just doesn't seem to work is when the GPU is set to force output in a resolution not supported, such as 4K to a 1080P screen or 144Hz refresh to a monitor that only supports 120Hz...

how do i change the output then just to test if that works?
  • billsey
    Through the driver interface. You can manually specify non-supported resolution with some of the driver packages. Similar to overclocking or undervolting...
  • HatzDk

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    so i fixed the issue. my problem was just some metal on my cabinet. now i got another issue, the max refresh rate is only 120 hz which is timing table mode 14