Keyboard error message on boot

Bok3r
Bok3r Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have a problem, keyboard lights up but isn't responsive . I've attached photo of message I'm getting at start up. Tried restarting pc with keyboard disconnected but I get same message. 
G3-710
i7-6700
Win 10
Thanks in advance 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Hi @Bok3r 

As per the screenshot it looks like the device is recognizing keyboard. Please try the below steps to check if the issue gets resolved.

Power off the device and while powering on the device Keep pressing DEL key. This will take you to BIOS. now press "F9" and hit "Enter" to set the BIOS to defaults and then press " F10 " and hit "Enter" to save the settings. 

By saving the settings the device will restart and it should be ready to use.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Bok3r
    Bok3r Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi @Rudy21
    Unfortunately couldn't access BIOS your way but managed get in somehow. Keyboard didn't work in BIOS as well had to do everything with a mouse but that didn't solve the problem. You said that as per screen shot device recognises keyboard... no it doesn't, look at 5th line from the bottom of the message:
    'USB devices total: 0 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 mass, 0 hub' 
    Any other ideas? One of my mates said that my motherboard is on the way out but... is it? 

Cheers  
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    @Bok3r

Sorry, i think i missed 0 Keyboard thing. I have done some research on this issue and looks like updating BIOS ver can fix the problem. 

Your current BIOS ver shows as R01, there are updated ones available in acer drivers website. I would not recommend updating BIOS if you are not sure. It would be better to contact Acer support for warranty help.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • ToddyXT
    ToddyXT Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did you end up figuring out how to fix this issue?  This happened to me tonight.