Nitro Sense not detecting GPU usuage - AN515-42

Red_Sun
Red_Sun Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited May 2021 in Nitro Gaming
AN515-42

Odd phenomenon. GPU usage and temperature is not being detected by Nitro sense. Fans are working fine. CPU detected fine.

Usuage/temp is, however, detected by hardware monitor. So it seems like a software thing.

Re-installed NItro Sense. Seemed to help little. Right back to not working again shortly thereafter.

Anyone seen this happen with Nitro or Predator Sense?

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• ChrisEstrada1999
    ChrisEstrada1999 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same computer and the GPU doesn't always come up on Nitro Sense, I tried updating it to the newest version and still nothing, usually it takes a Restart for it to fully see GPU, sometimes a couple of Restarts for it to get the GPU.
  • Active
    Active Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Same issue...
  • sOuller
    sOuller Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

i have the same issue but when i play games on my r560 its still not showed up, ive tried to reinstall but nothing happens, what could be the issue?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Red_Sun said:
    AN515-42

Odd phenomenon. GPU usage and temperature is not being detected by Nitro sense. Fans are working fine. CPU detected fine.

Usuage/temp is, however, detected by hardware monitor. So it seems like a software thing.

Re-installed NItro Sense. Seemed to help little. Right back to not working again shortly thereafter.

Anyone seen this happen with Nitro or Predator Sense?

If I answer your question then please click YES

That is because it isn't being used you are using your Vega 8 which isn't displayed by Nitrosense that's why it says Discrete GPU idle. The Vega 8 is the dedicated card for routine tasks. In order to use the Rx560 x for gaming and other demanding programs follow my instructions below and it will the show usage and temperature in Nitrosense

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. If you haven't already downloaded and installed it then click this link to download it.
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-3

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up correctly in the Control Center and are gaming on their Dedicated Vega 8 GPU which gives poor performance and is not designed for gaming. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Devolution20
    Devolution20 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Im in the same boat, but have searched everywhere online. I bought the nitro 5 with gtx1050, 3 days ago. I know gpu is being used, but not monitored. Run game on 100 battery, through geforce experience hub with highest settings. Even says IN-GAME im running 1050, i can switch it too low power and see the difference b4 my eyes. Ive tried uninstall(even with uninstaller tool), and dowload driver from cite. Still broken. then tryed system restore from a day ago and found it still broken. After i install setup exe. and go to install the app. It asks me if im sure i want to REINSTALL this older version. Im at a dead end and getting frustrated. What now?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Im in the same boat, but have searched everywhere online. I bought the nitro 5 with gtx1050, 3 days ago. I know gpu is being used, but not monitored. Run game on 100 battery, through geforce experience hub with highest settings. Even says IN-GAME im running 1050, i can switch it too low power and see the difference b4 my eyes. Ive tried uninstall(even with uninstaller tool), and dowload driver from cite. Still broken. then tryed system restore from a day ago and found it still broken. After i install setup exe. and go to install the app. It asks me if im sure i want to REINSTALL this older version. Im at a dead end and getting frustrated. What now?

@Devolution20 with respect you are not in the same boat my friend, this question pertains to a totally different model it is an AMD GPU and you have a Nvidia GPU and that is a vast difference.
    Please start a new Topic of your own and give your exact model number, for example AN515-** and we will be glad to help you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• CaptainPhantasm
    CaptainPhantasm Member Posts: 1 New User

This issue happened to me on Nitro 515-53 with 1050 TI discrete card after playing with Nvidia Control panel 3D driver settings AND cleaning a single Active X Com issue in registry using CCleaner. I had been dialing in the Nvidia 3D settings and no issue with it effecting Nitro Sense but when I deleted the ActiveX com issue bam...Immediately it would only show CPU Temp and % but ---Temp and ---% for GPU. I did double check it was showing "for discrete video card" and I was in game, so something was wrong. I removed/reinstalled Sense and that did not work but when I clean installed the latest Nvidia driver BOOM, came right back up in Nitro Sense reading both Temp and GPU %. Working fine now. Hope this helps.