cg437k bias lighting install?

cinoaz
cinoaz Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Just received my monitor, yet, there are no instructions on where to mount the bias lighting.  I see there are 4 connectors on the monitor for 4 led strips but is there an order to them?  For example does connector 1 go to the top led, connector 2 to bottom, etc?

There's just no instructions on bias lighting install??

Answers

• cinoaz

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    Since the lighting strips didn't come with adhesive, and lack,of any instruction, here's my swag.  I didn't concern myself with the plugs, just treated the monitor plugs as a buss.  I used my hot glue gun to mount them.

• alazybum
    alazybum Member Posts: 3 New User
    Just got mine delivered a bit ago and trying to set things up, couldnt figure out the lights at all so i just skipped them for now.  Can i just plug them all into the monitor its self or do i need to plug something into my computer?  Sad there isnt any kind of info in the box about the lights.  found it odd that they are magnetic yet the back of the monitor is plastic lol.

Also my monitor seems to have a convex (center of screen closer to me and the ends closer to wall) curve to it, wonder if that is because i am sitting too close to the monitor.  Prob a bit under 3 feet away from the screen, like i said just trying to get things set up atm
  • markusm8
    markusm8 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I received mine today and had the same question. I tried their phone support, which was horrible, because the line kept disconnecting and worst of all, none of the rather unmotivated representatives had ANY clue. Similar results with the chat, which at least did not disconnect. Finally I got a level 2 support rep to email me (asking me, if I can send him a picture of the four LED strips, because ...?), still waiting to hear back from them.

I find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that nobody at Acer is able to answer a question, concerning a procedure, which should be at least mentioned in the manual. I too was wondering why those are magnetic, would have been a simple and easy solution to just stick them on the back ...

Did anybody here figure out how those things were intended to be installed? 
  • alazybum
    i tried talking to support thru chat on website and they kept asking all kinds of questions that had nothing to do with the lights themselves, when i bought the monitor, what country i was in, etc etc. in the end they gave me a link the the manual which didnt help much and why is there a 37 page manual for the monitor that is not in the box only digital?  Still have not hooked my lights up, they are stuck on the fridge in my office behind me atm.
  • markusm8
    alazybum said:
    i tried talking to support thru chat on website and they kept asking all kinds of questions that had nothing to do with the lights themselves, when i bought the monitor, what country i was in, etc etc. in the end they gave me a link the the manual which didnt help much and why is there a 37 page manual for the monitor that is not in the box only digital?  Still have not hooked my lights up, they are stuck on the fridge in my office behind me atm.
    I went through the same thing 2 days ago. Granted, the monitor itself is amazing, Acer's support is horrible and I also don't have the LEDs installed yet. They had a Level 2 Tech email me, hopefully he'll get back tomorrow with something helpful, if nothing else I'll get removable adhesive strips.
  • markusm8
    Level 2 tech got back to me today saying the following: "The answer we received back from the Engineering Department.  The customer can decorate it anywhere[PC, Notebook, Stand, Table, ETC]. There isn't a standard process to install the LED Belt onto the monitor."

If that's really what they had in mind, I understand why they're magnetic (installation in a PC case) and why they didn't put an adhesive on them. I'm tired of the topic and won't argue about how much sense their approach here makes, I'll just use some removable double sided adhesive and put them on the monitor.
  • alazybum
    corsair's light strips are magnetic and have the peelable adhesive on the back as well, not sure why they didnt do the same.  All and all yes its a great monitor and i am enjoying it but not sure what i am going to do with the lights or if will even use them, i already have a ton of the nano leaf triangles on the wall behing my monitors that react to sound. not sure i need more lights that wont sync to them also reacting to sound in a diff color
  • cinoaz

Tinkerer

How do you get the lights to sync to sound