Is there any Acer Aspire One with upgradeable CPU & GPU or a different motherboard to swap it?

JurajP
JurajP Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2019 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Is there any Acer Aspire One with upgradeable CPU & GPU or a different motherboard to swap it?
i like how acer aspire one looks

Answers

• Currently the models have integrated cpu and gpu. What model do you intend to buy?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JurajP
    JurajP Member Posts: 3 New User
    The acer aspire one 722-c62 or the 

acer aspire one 756-887

• There is NO "Acer Aspire One" with upgradable CPUs and GPU's, well  there is, if you want to spend thousands to purchase components and get them resoldered or you can save, if you can do it yourself (that is, if you can get any of the CPU and GPU components?) lol 

I've got the "Acer Aspire One Happy 2 AOHAPPY2" (see captions below) that came with the 1.66GHz Intel Atom N570 Dual-Core, Intel GMA 3150 graphics (which is a pretty low graphics spec) with 1GB RAM and 250GB 5400rpm Hard Drive but and the only thing that let this down (to the current Win-10 32 or 64 bit upgrades) is the RAM and GPU, the 1.66GHz Intel Atom N570 Dual-Core CPU can sort of handle things but, the graphics are pretty awful and just cant keep up with todays graphic demands.  

If you want to upgrade your acer aspire one 756-887??? I would suggest that you upgrade it to an SSD and more RAM. I upgrade mine to a Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB and 2GB of RAM and it just didn't handle Win-10 Home (64bit) at all, as it came with Android operating system in addition to Windows 7 Starter (32bit) in dual boot configuration but, they looked pretty fashionable even for todays standards! I really bought it for my wife (as she absolutely loved the pink/white combo lol) but and eventually, I had to revert back to the Win-7 Home Basic 32bit (as I couldn't get a Win-7 Starter copy) it works adequately but we only use it as a spare laptop and for fun.   

What I would suggest, is that you do the same upgrades as I did as your Acer Aspire One 756-887 with its Celeron 887, HD200 graphics and an upgradeable max RAM to 8GB and with the SSD, it will make your Aspire One, handle Win-10 Home 64bit very well and adequately. If you want to see upgrades for this model, look here at Crucial upgrades to what components you can upgrade the Aspire One 756-887 to at: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-one-756 cheers I hope that this has been of some help.
  • CarlCosa
    CarlCosa Member Posts: 1 New User
    The cpu is upgradable but gpu is not because the cpu is solder and it's compatible cpu is intel i5