X35 flickering(Acer X35 monitor)

Answers

• scottba
    scottba Member Posts: 8 New User
    antych said:
    Flickering is harder to spot than vertical lines because it needs a moving image, but the two issues are related. Just use the images provided in the thread and look for the lines instead.
    I open below in a very small browser then drag the browser around. (1) The page in the browser flicker (2) It is also causing dotted scan line to my wall paper.

http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk1.html
    http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk2.html
    http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk3.html

• Freedomx90a
    Freedomx90a Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

scottba said:
    My monitor is not flickering. I was wondering. The game I tried: Monster Hunter world, Mechwarrior Online, CSGO, Titanfall, dota 2, Kenshi, Anthem, Heroes of the storm, etc. I still have some other owned games I haven't try with this monitor.

Any some free-to-play game that is flickering? I am curious.
    If you have the game Hitman 2, the first mission when 47 landed on the beach were the moon light reflects on the water, you move the camera and the screen flickers so bad and my settings on Hitman 2 are maxed out with HDR. 
  • dlim389
    dlim389 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hi all,

We keep working closely with NVIDIA and currently testing a firmware that should resolve the flickering issue, we hope to have it available soon for users to download, but we do not have an ETA yet, as soon we have a solution and more details to provide we will update this thread and will provide an FAQ.

Thank you all for your patience,
    Acer-Manny
    Once the firmware is being tested and finalized, can you also fix the fan noise issue? Fans shouldn't be ramping up and down constantly. 
  • scottba
    edited December 2019
    scottba said:
    My monitor is not flickering. I was wondering. The game I tried: Monster Hunter world, Mechwarrior Online, CSGO, Titanfall, dota 2, Kenshi, Anthem, Heroes of the storm, etc. I still have some other owned games I haven't try with this monitor.

Any some free-to-play game that is flickering? I am curious.
    If you have the game Hitman 2, the first mission when 47 landed on the beach were the moon light reflects on the water, you move the camera and the screen flickers so bad and my settings on Hitman 2 are maxed out with HDR. 
    I set resolution to 3440x1440, off HDR, rest I using the default setting. While facing the sea with moon reflection, the whole area does flicker when moving camera (moving mouse).
  • scottba
    I try max setting, all same. 
    I try to look for hitman 2 gameplay video from youtube, but hard to find one that admire the sea. But.. is that flicker common to all other monitors?

• Freedomx90a

Tinkerer

scottba said:
    I try to look for hitman 2 gameplay video from youtube, but hard to find one that admire the sea. But.. is that flicker common to all other monitors?

Most example videos on youtube with screen flickering are from RE2, The witcher 3, battlefield V. If you have those games, try replicating the scene where they shot the video with screen flickering. I didnt try without HDR yet on Hitman 2 and I'm also on 3440 x 1440 res at 144hz. I also experience screen flickering on AC Odyssey whenever the scene pass by the shadow of the sail and the sun is directly shining on the sail boat.
  • scottba
    scottba said:

Most example videos on youtube with screen flickering are from RE2, The witcher 3, battlefield V. If you have those games, try replicating the scene where they shot the video with screen flickering. I didnt try without HDR yet on Hitman 2 and I'm also on 3440 x 1440 res at 144hz. I also experience screen flickering on AC Odyssey whenever the scene pass by the shadow of the sail and the sun is directly shining on the sail boat.
    Resident Evil 2, Battlefield V and Assassin's Creed Odyssey I don't have. Witcher 3 I brought long ago but haven't touch, not sure if I can get the reported scene during start of the game.

For Nvidia resolution setting, I using 144Hz, 10 bpc, RGB, Full range. What is your setting?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    dlim389 said:
    Hi all,

We keep working closely with NVIDIA and currently testing a firmware that should resolve the flickering issue, we hope to have it available soon for users to download, but we do not have an ETA yet, as soon we have a solution and more details to provide we will update this thread and will provide an FAQ.

Thank you all for your patience,
    Acer-Manny
    Once the firmware is being tested and finalized, can you also fix the fan noise issue? Fans shouldn't be ramping up and down constantly. 
    This will only address the Flickering issue, if you're experiencing a fan or other issues with the monitor, you will need to contact your local Acer support channels for better assistance.

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny
  • Freedomx90a

Tinkerer

scottba said:
    scottba said:

Resident Evil 2, Battlefield V and Assassin's Creed Odyssey I don't have. Witcher 3 I brought long ago but haven't touch, not sure if I can get the reported scene during start of the game.

For Nvidia resolution setting, I using 144Hz, 10 bpc, RGB, Full range. What is your setting?
    Same setting as what you have. I even bought a different display port cable before to see, if its gonna help, but it didn't. Different settings in the monitor itself didnt help either.
  • scottba
    antych said:
    Flickering is harder to spot than vertical lines because it needs a moving image, but the two issues are related. Just use the images provided in the thread and look for the lines instead.
    I open below in a very small browser then drag the browser around. (1) The page in the browser flicker (2) It is also causing dotted scan line to my wall paper.

http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk1.html
    http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk2.html
    http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk3.html

• Aldur67
    Aldur67 Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Hi all,

We have an FAQ available (more details to come): https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65552

Thank you for your patience,

Acer-Manny

That's fantastic news! Thanks @Acer-Manny!

• Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

This is great. Mine's 924 LOL!! This is great news @Acer-Manny . I hope we see a readme outlining what changes have been made. Thank you for keeping us all updated. :+1:
  • dlim389
    dlim389 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hi all,

We have an FAQ available (more details to come): https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65552

Thank you for your patience,

Acer-Manny

Mine is 924. So I look forward to download new firmware update soon, and hopefully it should finally get rid of flickering issue. 
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Mines 923 :) this is good news; I cannot wait for the update! At last!
  • Aldur67
    Aldur67 Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    922 here. I think I might have got the first X35s :D
  • Freedomx90a

Tinkerer

Thank you very much  @Acer-Manny! This is the best news for me. Mine is also 924 and looking forward for this software update! 
  • Ventris
    Ventris Member Posts: 5 New User
    929 here ;)
  • Freedomx90a

Tinkerer

Thank you very much  @Acer-Manny! This is the best news for me. Mine is also 924 and looking forward for this software update! 
  • damiensmunki
    damiensmunki Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Thanks, @Acer-Manny! I returned my unit months ago, but I'm about to order again. What about serial numbers outside the noted range? Are those >950 fixed already?
This discussion has been closed.