Bricked Iconia One B3-A40

A_String
A_String Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2019 in Tablets
So, my wife's Iconia One 10, tablet wouldn't boot up.  We booted into recovery mode and tried updating but it said the file was older than the one on the device (even though it was the newest version from the Acer website).  We tried factory reset, cache wipe...everything.  Then I grabbed SP Flash and a rom file and I tried flashing it.  Sadly, it was the right tablet but the wrong version (We have the MT8167 and the flash was for the MT8163).  Looking at the scatter file, I can see that the locations are different.  

Anyway, long story short, the device can connect to the SP Flash, but I don't have the correct files to restore it to factory.  Right now, it's just black screen.  No normal boot and even the recovery mode is not responding anymore.

TLDR: Does anyone know where I can find the ROM and scatter file for the B3-A40FHD with the MT8167 chip?  I just want to get my wife's tablet working again for her.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Forum rules don't allow conversations about that level of access, just the OS images they have to download. You might have been able to force a downgrade to the Acer image by booting with the zip file in the root of an SD card formatted FAT32, but it's likely too late for that now.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Forum rules don't allow conversations about that level of access, just the OS images they have to download. You might have been able to force a downgrade to the Acer image by booting with the zip file in the root of an SD card formatted FAT32, but it's likely too late for that now.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • A_String
    Thanks so much for the reply.  So basically what you are telling me is, I'm screwed? lol.
  • billsey
    Yeah, no LOL about it... :(
  • A_String
    Well, I appreciate you taking the time to answer.  Wish the news could have been better, but these things happen.  Thanks again for your time!
  • genniussssssssss
    genniussssssssss Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello, did you solve the problem with the tablet? I have the same problem now, it's just black screen.did you   find the ROM and scatter file for the B3-A40FHD  MT8167 ? or firemware from flash tool? 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    A_String said:
    So, my wife's Iconia One 10, tablet wouldn't boot up.  We booted into recovery mode and tried updating but it said the file was older than the one on the device (even though it was the newest version from the Acer website).  We tried factory reset, cache wipe...everything.  Then I grabbed SP Flash and a rom file and I tried flashing it.  Sadly, it was the right tablet but the wrong version (We have the MT8167 and the flash was for the MT8163).  Looking at the scatter file, I can see that the locations are different.  

Anyway, long story short, the device can connect to the SP Flash, but I don't have the correct files to restore it to factory.  Right now, it's just black screen.  No normal boot and even the recovery mode is not responding anymore.

TLDR: Does anyone know where I can find the ROM and scatter file for the B3-A40FHD with the MT8167 chip?  I just want to get my wife's tablet working again for her.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Take it to Acer Support and get them to flash the original rom, that is your only choice, don’t touch it. Also see this Acer Community post Iconia One 10 B3-A40 Stock ROM for further reference.