Acer Aspire TC-780 (KBL) motherboard documentation - Does this exist?

Umrk
Umrk Member Posts: 4 New User

I would like to upgrade my Aspire TC-780, but I need the MBs specs. A search of Acer's site produced nothing useful and many google searches yielded similar results  I tried many iterations of Acer Aspire TC-780 (KBL) all of which failed. But I have not given up because pc manufacturers (except Acer) most always include, at a minimum,  a schematic of the MB with the pc's user's manual.  If anyone knows (especially an Acer employee) where I can find the MB's specs, please reply to this post. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Umrk

Answers

• Umrk
    Umrk Member Posts: 4 New User
    I wanted to add that I already used the serial number detection tool. I would still love to obtain documentation detailing the motherboard, or at least, a schematic of the MB. I still refuse to believe that an established company would conclude that including details of the MB  in the user's manual of newly purchased desktop computers is unnecessary.  No one can be that shortsighted or out of touch.
  • 12jhawkblueks
    12jhawkblueks Member Posts: 1 New User
    Where is the next page of the MB schematic notition (item 14 on up)?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    On the right side of the table. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • diogoscf
    diogoscf Member Posts: 2 New User
    I can't see the right side of the table...
  • billsey
    The image has the motherboard with a tables just below it with six columns. If you can see the full motherboard you can see all six columns. If yur browser window is too small then try right clicking on the picture to download it and viewing locally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kbmcruiser
    kbmcruiser Member Posts: 1 New User
    So what exactly is a system fan?
    No.4 FANS2   Would it be the fan normally attached to the cage shell as the exhaust?

Son bought a new power supply and he's learning how important it is to take pictures before pulling stuff apart
  • billsey
    FANS2 would be a case fan, either in the back to push air through the case or the front to pull air through the case. There are typically two fans in a system, one mounted inside the PSU that draws air from the back of the machine to cool the supply, the exhaust of that fan helps to pressurize the case with excess air going out the front and the CPU fan that blows air from inside the case directly over the heatsink mounted on the processor. In addition to those two there are sometimes fans on the GPU card, to help cool it, and one or two case fans to move more air through the case. The latter are mostly overkill unless the system has been modded to run hotter than a normal design.
  • LarryCarr
    LarryCarr Member Posts: 1 New User
    billsey said:
    The image has the motherboard with a tables just below it with six columns. If you can see the full motherboard you can see all six columns. If yur browser window is too small then try right clicking on the picture to download it and viewing locally.
    Thanks! The issue was in my too small window.

• Slopps316
    Slopps316 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Does anyone know if this mobo will take a
    Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Processor 8th Gen. 12M Cache, up to 4.60 GHz chip? 
  • billsey
    No, as you can see from the specs they shipped the TC-780 with either 6th gen or 7th gen chips, and you can't run 8th gen with either of those MBs.
  • Slopps316
    Slopps316 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Pity as I thought they were same sockets as the 8th gens? Or is it the some other reason? 
  • billsey said:
    Acer doesn't typically publish the motherboard layout or details of the specs, except in their service manuals which aren't publicly available. Here's what I see for the TC-780 models:

Where did you get this diagram from? As I want to get one for a mobo VA50_HC_CR as its quoted in CPUz, are these free or you have to pay for them?
  • billsey
    They are only available in the service manuals, which aren't publicly available. We're allowed to snip images from them to help illustrate a potential solution to an issue. If you have a TC-780 model that diagram should be correct for both the 6th and 7th gen versions, though the MB itself will have different part numbers between the two types.
  • diogoscf
    diogoscf Member Posts: 2 New User
    Could this motherboard take a Corsair MP510? (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07JW49VZD/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza)
  • billsey
    No, the specs call for an M.2 SATA drive, not NVMe.
  • AlexGamer1
    AlexGamer1 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    LarryCarr said:
    billsey said:

Absolutely agree, that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks

• AlexGamer1
    AlexGamer1 Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    LarryCarr said:
    billsey said:

Absolutely agree, that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks

• Medi
    Medi Member Posts: 1 New User
    diogoscf said:
    Could this motherboard take a Corsair MP510? (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07JW49VZD/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza)
    billsey said:
    No, the specs call for an M.2 SATA drive, not NVMe.
    Hi, I have this exact mobo, and referred to this discussion some time ago when I was choosing my first SSD. I can confirm it supports NVMe SSDs (I use a Crucial P1 500GB Gen3 x4 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD). You should check your mobo for what type of SSD slot it has, a SATA M.2 has two notches, whereas a NVMe M.2 has one. A SATA M.2 can fit in an NVMe slot, but not the other way round. Here is a ref sheet I put together.

• KFCDAVE
    KFCDAVE Member Posts: 1 New User
     I am looking to take some parts from my acer TC-780 desktop to put in a new case with a RTX 2060. What type of case will I need for this motherboard?