XB321HK-Assistance with getting above 30hz refresh rate in 4K

AllTheWay
AllTheWay Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone, 
I've spun my wheels trying to tweak this and I need some help please. Win10, Nvidia GeForce 1080ti, 4K/HDR HDMI and Predator XB321HK. I can't seem to get my refresh rate above 30hz in 3840 x 2160, or I don't have the option to in any settings through Win10. Nvidia graphics settings is what I've been going through and it shows my native resolution is 1920 x 1080. Says everything should be capable/compatible. I've replaced my HDMI cable thinking I just bought a bad one and didn't see any change. So I'm guessing I'm just overlooking a setting. Anyways, I appreciate any input. Have a great day!

Best Answer

• jamse101
    jamse101 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    HDMI 1.4 can only do 30 Hz with 4K resolution, with XB321HK you need to use DisplayPort to get 60 Hz.

Answers

• jamse101
    jamse101 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    HDMI 1.4 can only do 30 Hz with 4K resolution, with XB321HK you need to use DisplayPort to get 60 Hz.
  • AllTheWay
    AllTheWay Member Posts: 3 New User
    Ok, I apprectiate the reply. Thanks
  • VicoJo
    VicoJo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, Sorry to open again this topic which was resolved but I have a similar issue...
    I juste received an acer Predator XB321HK that I connected with my GTX 1070. I tried different configuration HDMI/DP(which is given with the screen) but I can't have the resolution 3840 x 2160@60Hz, it only propose me 30Hz.

Do You have any solution ? Do you think that the DP that You're giving with the screen is not efficient for 4k@60Hz ?

Thanks for your apply,
    Have a nice day

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    There are several different DP versions and you need both a card supporting a new enough version and a cable that also supports. Check to make sure they are all new enough and it should work at 60Hz.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.