Acer 27" Predator XB271HU turning white and nothing happens?

Lindstedt
Lindstedt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
So i've had my XB271 for a while now and its a beast monitor. But today i went to the grocery store and when i came home (pc was still on) and it was completely white. I was asuming it was just some lag or some wierd sleepmode but no matter what i do, it wont change, even if i unplug the screen from the pc or click the buttons on the monitor it self, nothing happens, it just remains plain white. Anyone has a idea how to solve this? I was reading on a swedish forum about a guy with the same problem but he was blaming the G-Synd, Sadly i could not get a reply from him on how he solved this.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @Lindstedt
    Just turn off the monitor and unplug all cables that connects to the monitor(including power cable) than press and hold the power button on the monitor for 40 seconds, than connect the cables and turn on.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Lindstedt
    Lindstedt Member Posts: 2 New User
    I tried that a lready but sadly nothing is working.
  • Cutthroat_Mc_Rage
    Cutthroat_Mc_Rage Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

It's likely Tfal jumper/cable contacts got a lil corroded from moisture in the air it goes to the screen or the cap or caps on the power board went bad . A lot of the time its as easy as just cleaning the contacts on each end of the jumper or a new cap/caps. I cant figure the trick to getting the back off without chancing breaking the screen. Mine is less than 1yr old its a XB271H Abmiprz IPS 27" Predator re-firb and only a 90 day war on it which they clamed is as good as a retail new one don't worry yeah bull slitz I will never buy another ACER product again.I was told tuff poop go to best buy or the local guy down the block to get it fixed. The didn't even say like well since it is so new and we know that it in no way can be your fault for this how about even tho its warr has expired we will go half with you or something like that after all a new retail is 1yr and they state there referb is as good as a fresh retail right? Well that's Acer service now sure wasn't like that some years ago I was a Acer fan but no more since they wont even try to work with you on there product and lie about there re-firbs being as good as retail. I now will have to go to best buy to fix it but I also now from this day forth buy from another company and will let my 1,000 gaming friends know on my FaceBook Page just how now what ACER prod. support is like. I went and bought a MSI Curved Screen 144hz 1ms refresh rate 27" Gaming Monitor which would have been another Acer Predator as I always buy 2. Got to have a back up incase there of ya know ;) So anyways good luck friend if you get it fixed let me know what they say it was I will do the same.I will get mine fixed in about 3 weeks I will keep it as a spare or sell it and get another MSI Optix G27C2 27"" Curved Gaming Monitor 144hz 1MS Response Gaming Monitor. Man its awesome mate. B)

• Cutthroat_Mc_Rage
    Cutthroat_Mc_Rage Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

ok I went and opened up mine and all the caps look good cleaned the jumper cable contacts like in video and NOPE no fargen good so waste a time just gonna let the Geek Squad have at it … When I get it back ill let you know what they said caused it and sorry for the big text above lol I do not know how I even managed to do that ;)