What kind of SDRAM is compatible with my ACER Nitro 5 AN515-54-71FT

Pluxtre
Pluxtre Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
What kind of SDRAM (number of pin, etc.) is compatible with my new ACER Nitro 5  AN515-54-71FT (just order it, aven't received it yet) ?
I wanna go from 8 go to the max of 32 go  (2 X 16).
I wanna buy the wright memory.

Thanks

Best Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    32gb is the maximum RAM in 2 banks of 16gb in each bank. 32gb of RAM is more than enough to run the most demanding game with ease. 64gb would be absolute overkill and not supported on this model. I believe I have answered your question so kindly click YES, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Pluxtre said:
    Thank you both of you.

Then, I'll go with Crucial at 2666 instead of 2400 there's only one dollar difference. ;)

Perfect my friend

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• Pluxtre

Tinkerer

Also, if I open the laptop and install new memory, will it void the 1 year warranty ? 

• andylb
    edited December 2019
    Good move you can't have too much RAM.
    Link below is to 16gb x 16gb Single Rank Dual Channel 2400mhz RAM from Crucial who guarantee compatibility for your exact model. Don't waste money on 2666mhz it will run at 2400 even though Acer says 2666 is supported. I write down the part number and buy from Amazon, it's cheaper and faster delivery. If there is a do not remove warranty sticker covering the screw call Acer but if there is no sticker your warranty is ok.
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, 

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/nitro-5-an515-54-(intel)/CT14793012

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Pluxtre

Tinkerer

Thank you very much AndyLB.

On that page it says " memory Slots: 2 (2 banks of 1) Maximum Memory: 64GB
    *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory. Standard Memory: 8GB removable"

So, it mention a maximum of 64 GB. I taught it was max 32 GB. What is the real maximum then ?
    Cause if it's 64, then I'll buy one bar of 32GB this year and other 32GB in one or two years.
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    32gb is the maximum RAM in 2 banks of 16gb in each bank. 32gb of RAM is more than enough to run the most demanding game with ease. 64gb would be absolute overkill and not supported on this model. I believe I have answered your question so kindly click YES, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Pluxtre

Tinkerer

Thank you very much. I'll go with the 32 (16 X 2) the one you suggest. 
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
  • andylb
    @JordanB You and I both know that's true but we also know from previous discussions that users have had a lot of problems getting it to run at 2666mhz

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    andylb said:
    @JordanB You and I both know that's true but we also know from previous discussions that users have had a lot of problems getting it to run at 2666mhz
    If you’re referring to the link below, the reason it downclocked to 2400 is because it (ballistic) didn’t support JEDEC 2666.  The memory he bought was XMP 2666. The memory he bought did support JEDEC 2400 however.  

The AN515-54 does support plug n play auto over clocking ram such as Kingston hyper -x.  But I don’t recommend mixing that with mainstream ram.  So when, for example, @xapim installed his plug n play auto over clocking ram (hyper x), he removed his existing mainstream acer oem ram....which is exactly what I would have done. 

It doesn’t matter.....you gave him a good link to the crucial 3200 which will downclock to 2666 and should work great.  
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • andylb
    @JordanB the intricacies of RAM are definitely a learning experience

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Pluxtre

Tinkerer

Thank you both of you.

Then, I'll go with Crucial at 2666 instead of 2400 there's only one dollar difference. ;)
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Pluxtre said:
    Thank you both of you.

Perfect my friend

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Pluxtre yes hyperx works great but you have to either make sure you match the same existing sodimm you have with another with the same size/clock/CL if you want to keep it or just get a brand new dual channel set and remove the stock oem as @JordanB stated above probably next month or so i will be swapping my 32gb hyperx 2666 (my 32gb hyperx will be going to a co-worker of mine who has a nitro5 same i5 cpu as my G3-572 but with a 1050 only it will be a great upgrade for him) and im getting 32gb corsair vengeance 2666 (just for fun and to also give advice about it) :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Anononle1
    Anononle1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Recommend, Crucial.com and download the system checker.  NEVER an issue w/ the download, and have used the products several times now for years.  I have had issues w/ 'recognition' recently of 1 laptop, not in their system.  1 issue w/ a bad stick of memory, 'quickly' sent me another, and 1 issue w/ product availability, 'out of stock'.  Also, had 1 issue w/ (recently) my purchase, NOT shipping within the 2 day window.  My cost, was 'quickly' refunded.  Please note.  Each issue, was a 'separate' order.  Just an example of the multiple times I have used them.  I'd recommend them 'for sure'!  HIGHLY!