acer nitro 5 AN515-42 lag spikes while gaming and casual browsing

Options
chockie
chockie Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i bought this nitro 5 last feb and made some upgrades and yet still my laptop experience lagspikes while gaming or even on casual browsing.. also the temps are pretty high while gaming up to 70 deg tops..
i hope somebody helps me..
updated bios and drivers

Answers

• GAMING6698
    Options
    Set your power to high performance from nitro sense in ac and battery mode both.
    And make sure to turn on cool boost to prevent fps drop 
    Always play games while plugin this will give high performance 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.2 or higher and click express upgrade. If you don't have the Adrenalin Control Center download it here
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-2

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• chockie
    chockie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    i already done that ..
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    70 deg temps are not high, your CPU is rated up to 90 deg and will only throttle back when it reaches a temperature over that so it isn't temperature related.
    Please confirm that your power plan is set to High performance when on AC and that your battery is at 100% before gaming and kept plugged in

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★