Am i eligible for compensation on suspected faulty parts out of warranty

Dinopah
Dinopah Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi, i've had my predator desktop now for going on 3 years, kept in good condition and no issues up until yesterday when the psu blew along with the gpu (gtx 960) inside i've contacted nvidia and they told me that i should contact the guys who made the pc being acer predator, any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Dinopah
    Here is a photo of the inside of the graphics card burnt
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    You would have to contact Acer directly to be sure, but I'd be really surprised if they considered that a warranty repair after this long. Was there any indication of a power spike or brownout? If you were plugged into a reasonably new surge arrester it might have a warranty that covers connected equipment. I've used that in the past.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dinopah
    Been having trouble trying to contact acer, but no there were no surges of any sort, and it was only the computer that was affected.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited December 2019
    Hi Dinopah,

I am sorry to see this, can you please confirm how are you trying to contact Acer (what channels)? Can you please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit for better assistance?

Note: Please keep in mind that the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, many Acer employees read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate. But primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny