How do I fix my E5-575-33BM not turning on??

beatleswmc01
beatleswmc01 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Yesterday I tried turning my Aspire E5-575-33BM laptop on and it wouldn't turn on and the light also didn't work. It was refurbished when I purchased it and that warranty is out now as well. I held down the battery reset button on the bottom for 30 seconds and left it off power for five minutes, then let it charge up. The charging light is working now and it's fully charged, but the laptop isn't turning on whether it's plugged in or not plugged in. Yesterday the USB port that works while the laptop is off was charging my phone and it still does, if that helps to diagnose the issue. Any suggestions before I take it to a repair shop?

Answers

• Try putting some layers of electrical tape over this button:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • beatleswmc01
    edited December 2019
    Another note: If I hold down the battery reset button and the power button and then let it go and click the battery reset button again, it will switch on at a time ranging from a fraction of a second to about two or three seconds. It starts up to a repair screen with the Acer logo.
  • beatleswmc01
    Try putting some layers of electrical tape over this button:

Thanks for the tip! I'm hoping to find a way to fix it and a diagnosis of what parts I need to replace if need be.
  • Have you executed my tip above?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)