Can't find hard drive on computer using an acer aspire 7 A717-71G

LucasHa
LucasHa Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've looked everywhere and cannot find the hard drive. The SSD shows up but that' it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    The 2.5" HDD is optional? Did you pay for both the m.2 SSD and the 2.5" HDD. Simply remove one screw and open the HDD door on the bottom to see if you have one installed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LucasHa
    JackE said:
    The 2.5" HDD is optional? Did you pay for both the m.2 SSD and the 2.5" HDD. Simply remove one screw and open the HDD door on the bottom to see if you have one installed. Jack E/NJ

Ive checked and it’s there but still not showing up
  • JackE
    Shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Do you see the HDD listed along with the SSD in the BIOS Information tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LucasHa
    JackE said:
    Shut the machine off. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Do you see the HDD listed along with the SSD in the BIOS Information tab? Jack E/NJ
    I’m not sure, but this is what it shows
  • JackE
    The HDD is either not connected or there is a hardware failure with it or the motherboard.  I suggest that you remove the 4 screws from the HDD and try to re-seat it in the motherboard socket a few times to clean its contacts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ