A715-72G-72ZR Stuck on Acer logo screen after only 1 month of use

Dspaz
Dspaz Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I cannot boot my Acer Aspire A715-72G past the Acer logo screen. I have read through the posts and tried the solutions provided which has not helped at all ad from the reading did not appear to help the people that posted them either. I tried pushing the battery pinhole. I tried letting the battery completely die and pushed the pinhole. Those did not do anything. There is no battery pack to access to remove it. I've tried turning off and on multiple times and never has it entered an auto-repair mode.
I have been trying to use alt+f10 but that does not open anything to select the restore option. I can get into the f2 bios but there is nothing there that will help. I just got this (used but fully restored) at the beginning of Nov 2019 and before the end of Nov 2019 it did this. What other solution is there besides paying a lot of money to have someone take it apart? Is there some secret to getting alt+f10 to work? When I leave it sitting for a long time eventually the rotating dots appear like it is doing something but then after awhile of doing that it just goes to a black screen and does nothing. Please help!

Answers

• Roody
    Roody Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    @Dspaz

You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery@Dspaz

Please don't click "Like" but click "YES".

• Roody
    Roody Member Posts: 35 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Dspaz

Does it turn off when it is connected to electric power or only when using the battery? Did you notice if there is any overheating?

If it turns off only on the battery, try to do a power reset by disconnecting the notebook from the electrical outlet! Then press the battery hole on the notebook part for five seconds and then leave it off for five minutes! 

Please don't click "Like" but click "YES".
  • Dspaz
    Update - I tried again and this time after 5 min or so it showed the "preparing automatic repair" but then just went to a black screen and never actually loaded the repair options. This was the first time I actually saw that appear after multiple tries, but it was still useless since it didn't ever load to that screen.
    For many posts about this problem, it seems like a very common issue for some reason with Acer, why has nobody at Acer designed a better or easier way to get it to restore? Or figure out what causes this problem to begin with since I have never had this issue with any other laptop in our household over many years from other brands.
  • Dspaz
    It does the same thing whether it is on battery power or plugged in. I can turn it on and off just fine, but it does not load past the Acer logo screen. I have tried pushing the battery pinhole and letting it sit to restart and it made no difference. I have not noticed it necessarily overheating, but at times there is some heat coming out of the back but I don't hear a fan running. The fan does turn on sometimes when I power the laptop on, but apparently turns off after awhile. But the last few times I've just restarted it, I did not hear the fan turn on.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    To enter the blue options screen. When the Acer logo appears press and hold down the Power button until it powers down, power up and repeat the process, on the 3rd attempt it will boot to the blue options screen. Do not select Automatic Repair, instead go through all the options to find Restore my Computer to an earlier date then choose a date when it worked correctly.

Please click YES If I answered your question, thankyou 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Dspaz
    Thanks andylb but this did not work. I had previously tried this as well many times, tried again now exactly as you said, and only one time this morning after trying for 5 days, did it ever even say anything about the auto repair, but the blue screen has never appeared for me to select the restore option.
  • Dspaz
    Any other thoughts or ideas out there?