Find and open small menu that asks what type of audio device connected to output port.Helios 300

RandomSuperstar
RandomSuperstar Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi all,

Where can I find the small popup menu that asks what type of audio device connected to output port? It's very hard to locate and of course after a year, by accident, I clicked the "don't ask me again"-checkbox and I can't find it to reconfigure it to "headset" so that my mic on my headset will work.

I have a Predator Helios 300 from 2018 (7th gen i7) and I run Windows 10 Home.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Try checking in HD Audio Manager in Control Panel - All Items. This thread might help you as well.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

Answers

• XdxD
    Uninstall and reinstall the audio driver. Or try restoring to default settings in Speaker properties.
  • RandomSuperstar
    Thank you, but there is nowhere to reset the speaker settings. And surely there must be a way to access the panel for changing input device without having to reinstall my audio drivers??
  • XdxD
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Try checking in HD Audio Manager in Control Panel - All Items. This thread might help you as well.
  • RandomSuperstar
    XdxD said:
    "Try checking in HD Audio Manager in Control Panel - All Items. This thread might help you as well."

Thank you!! This has been driving me mad, the settings are indeed located in HD Audiomanager.