Unable to change refresh rate to 144hz

raptor4211
raptor4211 Member Posts: 1 New User
I bought the Acer Nitro 7, which was advertised to have a refresh rate up to 144hz. However I am unable to switch the refresh rate via the display properties and its locked at 60hz. I've also tried enabling LCD overdrive but it didn't change the refresh rate. Is there a fix for this? Thank you.

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    Please give us your exact model number AN715-**
    You can test your screens maximum refresh rate here
    https://www.testufo.com/framerates#count=6&background=stars&pps=1920
    https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate

Also read this article 
    https://www.howtogeek.com/267650/how-to-make-your-120hz-or-144hz-monitor-use-its-advertised-refresh-rate/

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• meshswapnil
    meshswapnil Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited November 2019
    I bought the Acer Nitro 7, which was advertised to have a refresh rate up to 144hz. However I am unable to switch the refresh rate via the display properties and its locked at 60hz. I've also tried enabling LCD overdrive but it didn't change the refresh rate. Is there a fix for this? Thank you.
    What's the model number of your laptop ?
    I have a nitro 7 with 144hz display . 
  • BryanLP
    BryanLP Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have a AN7155170TG, but the refresh rate is still locked at 60 fps. Anychance you can help me with that?
  • Phatisimo
    Phatisimo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have the Nitro 7 as well with 144hz & cannot get it to show up in windows display setting. Model #AN715-51-73BU.  How do I get it to work as I just got it & brand new. Thanks!
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    Sorry to inform you but none of the above models have 144, your particular models ship with a 60hz screen
    The main page on the Acer website for the Nitro 7 says 144Hz with a superscript...any time you see a spec with a superscript or asterisk, you should assume that not all models meet that spec.  In this case, scrolling down to the bottom of the page, for that number it says "Specification vary by model and/or region." You can however buy a 144hz replacement screen, details for your model below

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Luxkyz
    Luxkyz Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a acer nitro xf243y and it’s locked on 60 hertz It’s supposed to be 165 or 144 on hdmi PLESEE help me thank you ☺️