Predator Helios 500 wont start up!

thenumber23
thenumber23 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi. @egydiocoelho says me to open new topic about my problem. 
I have Predator Helios 500 PH517-51.
When power button is pressed, the keyboard, trackpad and power button lights flash for a moment and then go dark. It keeps doing this automatically again and again until I long press the power button. 
I'm try to remove ac power, try to remove battery, but the same problem is still here.

Answers

• Hello! Have you tried resetting the battery?
    Have you checked that all the lower case screws are pressed correctly? I am asking you this, because it is possible that the power interrupt button is not being pressed properly:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • thenumber23

Tinkerer

Look, acer service change my motherboard and battery before 5 days, because I have problem with charging. I can press that button now, ehat if I make the worst thing?
  • It is not necessary to disassembly the notebook! On the reset of the battery, you can do the procedure yes! About the fact that the notebook is not powering on correctly, it may be because the power interrupt button is not being pressed properly after the tech support has opened the notebook! That's why I recommend you check that all the lowercase screws are fixed correctly!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • thenumber23

Tinkerer

I press that button, then wait and now try to turn on and the same problem...
  • Have you checked the screws?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• thenumber23

Tinkerer

Are You mean cooling fan? 
  • Not! I would like you to check if these screws are properly pressed:

If they are pressed and the problem still occurs, it is best to contact technical support again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• thenumber23

Tinkerer

Yes, I was checked and every is fine.
  • Did this problem occur after replacing the motherboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• thenumber23

Tinkerer

Yes now, but before didn't.
  • In this case, the best option is to trigger the warranty again! 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bullen
    Bullen Member Posts: 2 New User
    I've just bought same laptop.Had it for 2 weeks won't start flicking of lights
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Bullen i would recommend the same as @egydiocoelho send it back either to get it repaired or replaced

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Bullen
    Bullen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Having issue there they say must wait for there home branch