[Graphics Driver Update] Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G Series. Any Ideas?

124»

Answers

• philscent
    philscent Member Posts: 1 New User
    I uninstalled the acer crimson relive 17.7 driver using DDU, because I seem to have scaling problems when gaming (black borders when game resolution is below native 1080p)
    And I installed the latest adrenalin version from AMD site. So far, its running fine and no problem. Version is 19.11.3
  • Akihitokun
    Akihitokun Member Posts: 48 Troubleshooter
    @chemicalboy
    Did you solve your problem? Please reply, I'm having the same problem, upgrading and degrading windows doesn't work
  • FelGate
    FelGate Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @chemicalboy
    Did you solve your problem? Please reply, I'm having the same problem, upgrading and degrading windows doesn't work
    This problem is now completely solved.
    1. Use DDU to Uninstall all the Drivers.
    2. Use the OEM Driver provided by Acer
    3. Always Restart if needed.
    4. Use the Generic Driver provided by AMD, to be precise, use the most stable driver. I use the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.5.2.. Why? This driver fixed most issues and also provides lower resolutions like 1366x768 and so on even if your display is FullHD by default unlike other AMD drivers.
    5. Surely, if you use the Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.5.2 like me. You can absolutely upgrade to any drivers without hassles but what I do with mine is that After I upgraded mine from OEM to Adrenalin 19.5.2, I directly upgraded it to Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2.

I hope this will help you.

• FelGate
    edited December 2019
    philscent said:
    I uninstalled the acer crimson relive 17.7 driver using DDU, because I seem to have scaling problems when gaming (black borders when game resolution is below native 1080p)
    And I installed the latest adrenalin version from AMD site. So far, its running fine and no problem. Version is 19.11.3
    This method can solve the problem but OEM hardware drivers like AMD GPIO, AMD I2C Controller, AMD SMBus, AMD PSP and others are not installed.

Take note about the important notes provided by AMD itself.

• FelGate
    It's always better to take everything nice, smooth, slowly and surely. Rather than doing everything in a hurry manner. Patience is a virtue.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Akihitokun
    FelGate said:
    It's always better to take everything nice, smooth, slowly and surely. Rather than doing everything in a hurry manner. Patience is a virtue.

What windows are you using? Windows 10 with the latest update? or Windows 7?
  • Akihitokun
    FelGate said:
    @chemicalboy
    4. Use the Generic Driver provided by AMD, to be precise, use the most stable driver. I use the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.5.2.. Why? This driver fixed most issues and also provides lower resolutions like 1366x768 and so on even if your display is FullHD by default unlike other AMD drivers.
    5. Surely, if you use the Radeon Software Adrenalin 19.5.2 like me. You can absolutely upgrade to any drivers without hassles but what I do with mine is that After I upgraded mine from OEM to Adrenalin 19.5.2, I directly upgraded it to Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2.

It still doesn't work, thank you for the reply by the way T-T 
    Still the same blue screen

From WhoCrashed
    This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (0xFFFFF80675DC68D0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFDD81AA42500C, 0x2, 0xFFFFF80675DC68D0, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys .
    Google query: atikmdag.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

My Laptop
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: Aspire A315-41G, Acer, RR, Metapod_RR
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx AMD8664, level: 23
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 7411744768 bytes (6.9GB)

• Akihitokun
    FelGate said:

What bios version do you have sir?
  • FelGate
    FelGate said:
    @chemicalboy

From WhoCrashed
    This was probably caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys (0xFFFFF80675DC68D0)
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmdag.sys .

My Laptop
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx AMD8664, level: 23

Certain reasons why you always have the bluescreen of destruction.
    1. You're drivers are not properly installed as by process.
    2. One of your RAM are fake or defected. (Your graphics processor RX Vega 10 uses your RAM as it's VRAM.) Defective RAMs can cause fatal failures. Always ensure that you are using Genuine and Appropriate Spares/Parts for your laptop.
    3. Failure drivers can cause Application errors that causes atikmdag.sys to crash or vice versa.
  • FelGate
    FelGate said:

What bios version do you have sir?
    I am using Acer Bios 1.15.
  • FelGate
    FelGate said:
    @chemicalboy

From WhoCrashed

My Laptop

I've never encountered this kind of error since I replaced my RAM.
    Pre-built Specs: (The one I bought)
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 2500U
    Graphics: AMD Radeon RX Vega 8 + AMD Radeon 53X
    RAM: 4GB DDR4-2400 SK Hynix

Post-Upgrade Specs: (I upgraded mine with a faulty RAM and this caused my laptop to have bluescreen every single time, especially the atikmdag.sys problem.)
    RAM: 4GB DDR4-2400 SK Hynix + 8GB DDR4-2400 Kingston [(Faulty) It has a Micron Memory Chips]

Recent Specs: (This time I replaced mine with Genuine one)
    RAM: 4GB DDR4-2400 SK Hynix + 8GB DDR4-2400 Kingston

Dream Specs: (Future upgrade)
    RAM: 32GB DDR4-2666 Samsung + 32GB DDR4-2666 Samsung
  • Akihitokun
    FelGate said:
    FelGate said:
    @chemicalboy

From WhoCrashed

My Laptop

I've never encountered this kind of error since I replaced my RAM.
    Pre-built Specs: (The one I bought)
    RAM: 4GB DDR4-2400 SK Hynix

Post-Upgrade Specs: (I upgraded mine with a faulty RAM and this caused my laptop to have bluescreen every single time, especially the atikmdag.sys problem.)
    RAM: 4GB DDR4-2400 SK Hynix + 8GB DDR4-2400 Kingston [(Faulty) It has a Micron Memory Chips]

Recent Specs: (This time I replaced mine with Genuine one)
    RAM: 4GB DDR4-2400 SK Hynix + 8GB DDR4-2400 Kingston

Dream Specs: (Future upgrade)
    RAM: 32GB DDR4-2666 Samsung + 32GB DDR4-2666 Samsung
    Thanks for the reply again sir! So I have to try formatting it with just the stock ram? I tried installing every driver using every ram I have, changing from one to two rams or different socket, everything haha. Still won't work