Holo360: PC software and social media (Facebook) posts...very disappointed so far...

QPhysics
QPhysics Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I posted about this in the member's lounge, but I'm not getting any response there, so hopefully there might be someone in this forum who can and will help.
I bought the Holo360 mainly because it has a screen posts directly to social media (things my other 360 cam, an LG 360, doesn't). So far, I'm very disappointed.

1) The PC software (HOLO360 Player) won't run on my computer. I've tried ever set of compatibility settings there is, and it won't start. How can software for a brand-new piece of hardware not run on a Windows 10 computer??? I've searched around on the web, and it's clear that I'm not the only one having this problem. A couple people say they've found solutions, but most of the responses to their proposals are that it didn't work for other people...including me.
According to Microsoft, it's an "incompatible program"!
Here's the Troubleshooter output, in case anyone can get anything helpful from it.
Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Publisher details
Issues found
Incompatible Program
AcerHolo360 is incompatible.
Not fixed
Not Fixed
Fix program AcerHolo360
Completed
Issues found
Detection details
Incompatible Program
Not fixed
Not Fixed
Fix program AcerHolo360
Completed
Provides steps to fix the incompatible program.
Informational
Compatibility Mode
Compabitiliy modes applied:
User verification: Fix didn't work
Detection details
Expand
Collection information
Computer Name:QUINTESSENTIAL
Windows Version:
Architecture:
x64
Time:
Sunday, June 9, 2019 19:07:35
Publisher details
Expand
Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Windows
Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Corporation

2) Every image and video I've tried to post to Facebook so far looks fine on the camera, but ends up sideways on Facebook AND the block codes that are used to orient everything together are visible! 

I took a lot of pictures and videos with my family on our trip to Disney World...and I wish I'd taken my screen-less, ties-up-my-wifi, have-to-download-and-process-everything-first LG 360 camera...at least I would have had images and videos I could post and people could see. 

Before the "RTFQ" flames start, I've read the manual a few times, and if there's a step I'm skipping somewhere, it's a step that didn't get put in the manual.
I view the image in the picture viewer on the camera...I tap the "eye" in the center...I make sure I've selected the magic ball icon in the viewing options...I hit the share button...and everything looks just fine. It renders the image...I can scroll around on the cam and it's perfect...I hit share and upload it to Facebook...AND THE IMAGE IS ON ITS SIDE AND THE BLOCK CODES ARE VISIBLE!!!! (I am not laying down when the image below was taken.)

Is there ANYONE at Acer that knows why this thing is being so wonky? (Or have I just found out why the price went from $429 to $80 so quickly after it was released?)

Edited to hide sensitive/Personal information
Acer-Samuel

Comments

• QPhysics
    The program will not start on my computer.
    I have run the troubleshooter and tried multiple compatibility settings, but when I double-click the icon, I see the program starting in the taskbar, but then it just goes away and never even displays a window.

Publisher details
    Issues found
    Incompatible Program
    Not fixed
    Not Fixed
    Fix program AcerHolo360
    Completed
    Issues found
    Detection details
    Incompatible Program
    Not fixed
    Not Fixed
    Fix program AcerHolo360
    Completed
    Provides steps to fix the incompatible program.
    Informational
    Compatibility Mode
    Compabitiliy modes applied:
    User verification: Fix didn't work
    Detection details
    Expand
    Collection information
    Computer Name: QUINTESSENTIAL
    Windows Version:
    Architecture:
    x64
    Time:
    Sunday, June 9, 2019 19:07:35
    Publisher details
    Expand
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Windows
    Package Version:
    Publisher:
    Microsoft Corporation
  • QPhysics
    I took my new Holo360 camera on vacation to Disney World last week, and when I uploaded things to Facebook, everything is sideways!
    I thought social media sharing was supposed to be one of the biggest advantages of the full Android system on this camera.
    Is there some kind of processing I should be doing before uploading things that would fix this? I viewed the images and videos first (and it takes a LOOOOOOOONG time for the videos to render...is that normal????), but they're all sideways.
  • dat360
    dat360 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey! I'm having the same problem while uploading on facebook. Did you solve the problem?

Greetings!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi all,

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your Holo360, please contact your local Acer support channels for better assistance. Please go to our global page https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and select the country of your location, under the support tab you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.     

Thanks,

Acer-Manny