Acer eRecovery Management stuck at 99%

SkylordHaon
SkylordHaon Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
So Acer eRecovery Management (Version 8.3.6) is stuck at 99% and have been for 2 and a half hours

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Hi SkylordHaon
    Sorry for delay in response.
    Have you restarted your device and checked if the recovery completes sucessfully?
    Please let us know the model no of your device.
    Are you using internal recovery or recovery disc to restore your computer?
    Did the device have any issue before performing recovery?
  • Mircadesh
    Mircadesh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Am also experience a slightly the same problem with my Acer Desktop, after i made a OS installation it took me to the eRecovery Management dialog then i selected then i tried all the options there even to exit but then it will be popping the same dialog again it doesn't proceed to boot.Can you help me please 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Which model do you have? What OS was originally installed? Which OS version is on it now? Can you take a picture of where the problem is and share it here?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gMaNiAc
    gMaNiAc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys.... I've come across this page because I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. This is my scenario: 
    I upgraded from the original Windows 7 to Windows 10 round two years back. Things became a little frustrating of late so decided to restore my machine to the default OS using the Acer eRecovery Management and boom!! It's stuck at 99%. Tried troubleshooting but to no avail. What is the best solution as I wouldn't want to loose any data nut realize that is ultimately my last resort if I can somehow backup my HDD and start a fresh install of either W7 / W10. My machine is a TravelMate 5760G which is really only used as a media centre and old games now and then for the little one.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Once the W10 has been done the OS is kind enough to remove all that old W7 stuff Acer had on there to allow going back to factory defaults. If you created a set of recovery disks originally you can go back using them, but likely have to blank the drive first to get it done. If you didn't create them then the recovery process is going to fail, though I wouldn't have expected it to get so far before failing. Best at this point is likely to do a clean W10 install and then reinstall any apps and data that you use.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.