Acer Predator X34 Black Screen

Kevindowson
Kevindowson Member Posts: 5 New User
I was playing a game on my PC when the screen on my Predator x34 went black. At first I thought the problem was with my PC however when I connected the PC to a TV, the display came on. I had my PC connected to the monitor via the Display Port so I changed it to HDMI however nothing appeared on the monitor. I tried connecting a laptop via HDMI to the monitor but again no display. What I have noticed now is that even when I switch the monitor on, there is no Predator logo appearing and also nothing appears on the screen when pressing the menu buttons.

I have done the power reset test of unplugging all cables, pressing the power button for 10 seconds (even tried a minute) and plugging cables back in again however still nothing is displayed. The blue led lights come on when the monitor is switched on but then go off again and the power button goes from blue to orange.

I bought this monitor 2 years ago, does it sound like something Acer would be able to resolve?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Have you checked if the problem persists on a DP cable? Would it be interesting for you to inform the notebook model as well?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kevindowson
    Bit confused, why would the laptop model matter if the PC works when connected to a TV?

The computer is the only device I have that has a display port on it. I could try getting another cable but I'm assuming that because there is literally nothing being displayed when the monitor is switched on, no logo's, on screen menu's or messages to say no display detected etc would mean its not the cable?
  • It would be interesting to check if the monitor would work when connecting the DP cable. That way you could check if it's a problem with the hdmi port or even the monitor.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kevindowson
    Well I rang Acer Support and unfortunatley the guy who I spoke to was very unhelpful. Told me the monitor is out of warranty, couldnt confirm any repair prices and I literally had to squeeze basic answers out of him as to how long it would take to collect / repair etc. So off to a local shop I go to see if I can get it fixed that way. One unhappy Acer customer.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kevindowson
    Thanks for replying. Yes that sounds exactly the same issue. There isn't a mention of how it was fixed either by Acer or somewhere else but I can work with that if I know what the problem may be. Thanks for posting that.
  • Have you tried contacting the lovelyacular user to verify that they have resolved the issue?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Can you kindly send us the SN in a private message so we can see if we can assist you with the issue?

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Dejay
    Dejay Member Posts: 1 New User
    The solution, Fix for me.
    Tried many fixes but found the issue was the PowerPoint. 
    Try running the monitor of a different power outlet than the computer and speakers.
    I'm thinking for me, the issue was that the 4 plug power adapter just wasn't up to the amps.

I made an account to post this to hopefully help people in the future.  I Will prob post this on the other forums as well as it may help some.

• Asureas
    Asureas Member Posts: 2 New User

Same problem using a different power plug didn't seem to work for me