Blue Screen of the Dead when installing fresh W10 on V3 772G (Aspire V3-772G)

epfyffer
epfyffer Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I just get an acer laptop from a friend, it's a Aspire V3-772G. I get it without hard drive, that has been keept in his new laptop.

So I installed a new SSD in the laptop and tried to install a Win10 on it.

I never could get through the install process, I always had error messages during installation (at different time of the install, but it was at the beginning, when trying to copy the files, or at the end when checking the installation).

I try to install from an USB drive, made from the Windows recovery tool (and I also tried the same through a ISO and Rufus USB drive, same result...)

Finally I tried to install the Win10 through the same process in an other laptop that I get at home, I just put my SSD on this other laptop and the USB drive, the install worked without any problem. 

Then I put dit SSD with the fresh Win10 installation in the V3-772 acer laptop again, but as soon as it tries to boot I get a blue screen of the dead (message PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA)! And it tries to reboot and repair, but it crashes before I have the repair tool activated.

I tried to take out the RAM and to install the one that I get in my other laptop, because I could read that it coulb be a RAM issue, but same result.

So now I donnot know how to proceed.. Any suggestion ? Any tipps or help ?

Thanks in advance !

Answers

• epfyffer
    epfyffer Member Posts: 2 New User
    Would the solution be to try to install Win8.1 ?
  • mb123
    mb123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi there, I know your post is a long time a go , but recently (owning the same laptop type) when installing 1903 windows update i get the same BSOD : page fault in non paged area.

Do you remember what worked for you?

Would really appreciate any help or tips!