Aspire R 471T not working after Windows feature update 1903

nogaR14
nogaR14 Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
After an automatic update to the Windows Feature update 1903 last week my trackpad stopped working.  I have a cracked touchscreen so no way to use that to navigate.  I was able to somehow get in to the Recovery options and roll back to a restore point.    Is 1903 a completely incompatible update for the Aspire R 471? I checked my drivers on Acer and they are up to date, nothing comes up in Acer Care.  BIOS is ver 1.12 from 2017.  I had gone into 4 different windows settings that control reboots and auto updates to turn it all of so this won't repeat but the Update is still pending on reboot.  Is there a fix?  I see 1903 hosed a lot of things for a lot of Acer models.

Answers

• nogaR14
    nogaR14 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    And every time now it goes to sleep, even after undoing the update, the mouse stops working completely.  I used Cortana to say "open mouse settings" and then it reactivates.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    My R3-471T had no issues at all with the 1903 update. I'd look closely at Device Manager with yours to try and figure out what's going wrong with the touchpad drivers. It might be touchpad under Human Interface Devices or one of the USB devices, since that is how the touchpad is connected internally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.