I have a cp311-1hn-c2dv and it will not interact with the included stylus

goofytightend
goofytightend Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The device came with a stylus and all of the descriptions I have seen online say that it has stylus functionality. Is there  something I'm missing?

Answers

• yes, it should be compatible, see: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675/~/acer-products-that-support-an-active-stylus#_ga=2.107025281. 203756701.1523479791-1187228471.1523479791
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • goofytightend
    I'm sorry I just realized I did not provide anywhere near enough information, The included pen will not interact with the screen and I can not find anything at all in settings about a stylus anywhere
  • OK! Are there any drivers with device manager issues?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • goofytightend
    None that I have found, I will check right now but I have updated everything as far as I know
  • goofytightend
    So everything is up to date and I can not download individual drivers on a chromebook
  • What is the model of your pen?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Check this video too:
    https://youtu.be/QOPaD-YRU14

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• goofytightend
    I do not know the brand of stylus, it just came with the unit in the box but only says "8286" on the side.  I also do not have a stylus portion anywhere in my settings like the video shows.
  • Can you send a screenshot of where the pen does not appear in the settings? Have you tried upgrading chromeos?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• goofytightend
    The video shows stylus options under device and it says chromeos is up to date

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019
    1. Touch your stylus to the screen on your Chromebook. The stylus should be recognized and a pen icon should appear near the bottom right corner of your screen. If the icon does not appear go to Settings > Stylus and toggle on Show stylus tools in the shelf
    2. Tap the Stylus Icon to open the stylus menu.
    3. Tap the feature you want to use.
      • Magnifying glass: Zooms in on any part of the screen you touch with your stylus.
      • Laser pointer: Shows a red laser pointer dot anywhere on the screen where you place your stylus.
      • Create note: Opens the Google keep app by default where you can write notes and draw.
      • Capture Screen Creates a screenshot of the entire screen.
      • Capture Region Allows you to draw a box around the area that you want to capture.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• goofytightend
    Stylus isn't in my settings anywhere
  • Did you touch the spherical tip of the pen to the display?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• goofytightend
    yes I have
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• goofytightend
    unfortunately still nothing Thank you so much for so much of your time and help
  • "Bradley Bosscher
    1/3/19
    I had the same problem, it was my text to speech feature engaged. I could see it in the bottom right corner of the screen. Not only screwed up the stylus, made the touch screen inconsistently unresponsive. If you still have problems checking into that- under accessibility features in settings, text to speech. should see a pen icon in the corner of the screen and not a microphone;) "

"Asher
    7/7/19
    go to chrome: // flags then search '' stylus '' there should be 2 results. Choose '' enable '' in the box to the right of each of the 2 results then click '' reboot '' with the bottom of the screen. It should work. "

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,448 Trailblazer
    Some styluses have a battery inside and you need to turn them n in order to use them...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.