Change dedicated video memory (AMD) Aspire 3 A315-41-R66A

Primordiarch
Primordiarch Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello.
I need to change my AMD onboard VRAM from 1GB to 2GB. There's no option to perform it on the BIOS.
I use Aspire 3 A315-41-R66A with 12GB of RAM. Before, I have 4GB RAM and it only uses 512MB of VRAM.
Thanks.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Primordiarch !

Dedicated video memory (VRAM) control is dynamic and performed by the system itself according to the demands and needs.
    This value is not fixed and changes more or less according to system requests and configuration.

There are methods to "set" a value, but they can damage your system and render your device unusable.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Primordiarch
    Primordiarch Member Posts: 2 New User
    What are those methods, please?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Sharing any method that violates warranty on the forum is not allowed.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!