Burned electronics belonging to USB on Acer A315-41-R26W

QFot
QFot Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello!
I was dumb enough to try to connect my headphone to the computer in the dark, not did i only try to put it in on the wrong side of the computer, i put it in the USB socket & it got shorted.
I have located the broken electronic component but i cant find it anywhere?  Can you guys please help me find it so i can change it out & start using my USB on the left side on the computer again?
You can se the component i´m talking about in the 2 pictures in this post.

Thanks alot!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry, the USB3 mainboard circuit  and controller seems to have been fried. Open DeviceManager. Click on USB controllers. Do you see any red warnings or missing USB3 entries? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• QFot
    JackE said:
    Sorry, the USB3 mainboard circuit  and controller seems to have been fried. Open DeviceManager. Click on USB controllers. Do you see any red warnings or missing USB3 entries? Jack E/NJ
    Hi Jack!    
    Thanks for helping me! 
    thats the thing, in the  DeviceManager the USB controllers seem to all working fine but when i try to use the USB ports on that side they dont start up or anything.
    Thats why i have to swish out that burnt 
    electronic component but i cant find any information anywere of what it is?  are you able to help me locate it?

Many thanks!

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    it could be 5 pin , 5v voltage regulator for usb power.
    *please note i am no electronics expert, so you better wait for confirmation from more knowledgeable and experts here.*

My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • QFot
    it could be 5 pin , 5v voltage regulator for usb power.
    *please note i am no electronics expert, so you better wait for confirmation from more knowledgeable and experts here.*

Thanks alot Deejay_tech !

When i was searching around for the part i´m looking for, i found meny  5 pin , 5v voltage regulator for usb power but they all do diffrent thing, have there specific commands so i have to have the specific part number for this one, after that it´s all a pice of cake!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>are you able to help me locate it?>>>

Sorry. No. Not at that level of detail. You could try to remove it with a heat gun to see if there are any ids on the backside or on the mainboard itself. If none, you could take a closeup JPG and see if a components distributor like DigiKey could ID it for you. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Any computer technician who's good enough to be comfortable replacing surface mount parts will know what size voltage regulator is needed for the USB 3.0 specification. That's what you need in this instance, though I can't remember right off hand if it's the 900mA power budget size or the 2100mA high power charging size. I suspect the former...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.