Upgrade ram for ACER SWIFT 3 SF314-54-33C7

kmigellano
kmigellano Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2019 in Swift and Spin Series
I have recently bought ACER SWIFT 3 SF314-54-33C7 model here in the Philippines.
I would like to add at least 4 GB of ram I need it for my work. Is it possible for this model?
Thank you!

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes you can upgrade with another 4GB module in the slot available, but make sure that you don't have a warranty warning sticker in any of the screws in the bottom cover, if you have any warning sticker, you have to get the upgrade done by Acer Service centre.
    https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/swift-3-sf314-54

• kmigellano
    kmigellano Member Posts: 3 New User
    Can I also install Intel Optane 16 GB in this system?
  • brummyfan2
    Can I also install Intel Optane 16 GB in this system?
    Hi,
    Yes, it's supported in this model.
  • MrAce88
    MrAce88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks for this, I bought a memory module, removed the nine screws from the bottom plate, but I'm stuck there, can't remove it still, I've tried with some plastic pryers for a phone, but the plate won't come off, am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.
  • brummyfan2
    edited March 2019
    MrAce88 said:
    Thanks for this, I bought a memory module, removed the nine screws from the bottom plate, but I'm stuck there, can't remove it still, I've tried with some plastic pryers for a phone, but the plate won't come off, am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    Yes, you need to remove 9 screws, then slowly release the plastic tabs with a prying tool or a old credit card, take your time to release the tabs and don't rush, when they are released you will hear a clicking sound, I would suggest you to start from a corner near the hinges.

• prlumayag
    prlumayag Member Posts: 7 New User
    Hi. I also owned the same model of Acer Swift 3.

Is it compatible to use a 2666 Mhz DDR4 Memory? Because when I checked the memory details at Task Manager -> Performance -> Memory, it showed only 2400 Mhz Speed. Thanks for the help.
  • prlumayag said:

Is it compatible to use a 2666 Mhz DDR4 Memory? Because when I checked the memory details at Task Manager -> Performance -> Memory, it showed only 2400 Mhz Speed. Thanks for the help.
    Hi,
    Yes, it may work but down clock to 2400MHz speed because the maximum speed recommended is 2133MHz( this may be the one they have tested with).
  • prlumayag
    prlumayag Member Posts: 7 New User
    prlumayag said:

Hi,
    Yes, it may work but down clock to 2400MHz speed because the maximum speed recommended is 2133MHz( this may be the one they have tested with).
    Thank you for the info.
  • prlumayag said:
    prlumayag said:

Hi,
    Thank you for the info.
    You are welcome  :)
  • rheidcA
    rheidcA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Yes you can upgrade with another 4GB module in the slot available, but make sure that you don't have a warranty warning sticker in any of the screws in the bottom cover, if you have any warning sticker, you have to get the upgrade done by Acer Service centre.
    https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/swift-3-sf314-54

Can I add Samsung 860 Evo in ACER SWIFT 3 SF314-54-33C7?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Short answer, yes. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Donovan96
    Donovan96 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I have the

Acer swift sf314-54
    Model: n17w7

what size ram and MHz can I install .

Regards
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It depends on what memory came with it originally. They built those with 4GB or 8GB and there is one socket for an additional 4GB or 8GB. In either case the memory should be DDR4-2666 SDRAM in an SO-DIMM stick.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.