BIOS update Version:1.09 in Acer Nitro AN515-54-563Y laptop

MegaMind131
MegaMind131 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
After recent BIOS update Version:1.09, option of switching to 'AHCI' mode is not being displayed and only 'Intel RST premium with Optane' is enabled by default. Option of storage configuration is no more present. There seems to be a bug in UEFI/BIOS firmware.Please forward it to concerned agency so as to resolve this in future update. Motherboard used in said acer laptop is 'CFL Octavia_CFS' with 'Insyde Corp UEFI/BIOS V1.09' in it. Please raise the concern to respective agency and publish the updated BIOS on your support webpage.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    You must press ctrl + s in the main section. See this topic:
    It seems that the user has been able to enable the sata mode function.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Press ctrl+s in bios and post the result 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MegaMind131

Tinkerer

Tried ctrl+s in bios, still no change
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    You must press ctrl + s in the main section. See this topic:
    It seems that the user has been able to enable the sata mode function.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MegaMind131

Tinkerer

Thank you, this worked , however, is there any way to show 'storage configuration' option under ' advanced' menu which has also got hidden somehow.
  • I did not know that. i will ask some moderator

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I believe this option is to be able to disable or enable the hdd0, hdd1 and hdd2 ports, similar to what appears in the sata configuration function, right?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MegaMind131

Tinkerer

yes, it was
  • Do you send some screenshots of bios functions?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MegaMind131

Tinkerer

and would you please tell me if there is any harm using M.2 Nvme SSD with 'Intel RST premium with Optane' mode in lieu of 'AHCI' mode. SSD as of now is working fine in 'Intel RST premium with Optane' mode except TRIM function not available. Will changing to AHCI make SSD non-bootable and if windows needs to be reinstalled again? SSD in use is Transcend TS512GMTE110S alongwith 2.5'' 1TB seagate HDD. Does Intel Rapid Storage function has anything to affect in it. I'm using SSD with Windows 10 and HDD as additional storage device.

• I believe there are no problems. Some users have said that raid can increase ssd performance. About the trim, see this: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-ensure-trim-enabled-windows-10-speed-ssd-performance

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MegaMind131

Tinkerer

edited November 2019

Edited the content to hide sensitive/personal information
    Acer-Samuel
  • MegaMind131

Tinkerer

there is no option of changing UEFI to Legacy boot mode. Is it normal?
  • Yes. However, make sure when creating a password in setsupervisorpassword that the storage configuration function and boot mode appear again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MegaMind131

Tinkerer

'storage configuration' function and 'legacy' boot mode did not appear despite setting supervisor password
  • MegaMind131

Tinkerer

I believe this option is to be able to disable or enable the hdd0, hdd1 and hdd2 ports, similar to what appears in the sata configuration function, right?
      any clue on this?
  • Did the storage configuration function appear on the advanced tab? I sent this question about storage configuration to the moderator and am he answering.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MegaMind131

Tinkerer

Did the storage configuration function appear on the advanced tab? I sent this question about storage configuration to the moderator and am he answering.
    No, it didn't
  • MegaMind131

Tinkerer

neither legacy mode
  • No. What I would like to know is if the storage configuration function appears on the advanced tab before you upgrade uefi-bios, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MegaMind131

Tinkerer

No. What I would like to know is if the storage configuration function appears on the advanced tab before you upgrade uefi-bios, correct?
    Initially, BIOS version of new laptop was 1.05, 'SATA storage configuration' option was available that time  and I've used this option twice to disable & enable port. It disappeared all of a sudden, however, laptop continued to function normally. I thought upgrading BIOS to newer 1.09 would fix this issue but it did not. I have not seen that 'SATA storage configuration' option again. Legacy boot mode was not available even in newly purchased laptop.