Acer aspire new ram - aspire 5742g

Jego86
Jego86 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited October 2019 in Aspire Laptops
Hello 
I hawe a question... my acer aspire 5742g is not working with new ram installd kingston KVR16S11S8/4
Not compatible? If not, what is the diference? 
When trying to install fresh copy of windows , it shuts down, and starts all ower again.
Pleas help.

Best Answers

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Does it work OK with only old RAM installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jego86

Tinkerer

Tnx for answer

Yes when i change to old RAM, then its working.
    And i dont think the new RAM is bad becouse i bought two of them, and try instaling it one by one, and all togather.
    Tnx
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sorry. Your laptop lists 1.35volt DDR3L modules, not 1.5volt. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jego86

Tinkerer

Tnx for ansuer
    Another question... is there any way that i can change voltage in BIOS? 
  • JackE
    Sorry no. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    The ram that you have the Kingston KVR16S11S8/4 - 4GB 1Rx8 512M x 64-Bit PC3-12800 CL11 204-Pin SODIMM should be compatible with your Aspire 5742G, the specs for your Kingston is JEDEC standard 1.5V (1.425V ~1.575V) Power Supply and VDDQ = 1.5V (1.425V ~ 1.575V) so it should be compatible and it should work! 

I've used the Kingston KVR1333D3S9/4G 4GB 2Rx8 512M x 64-Bit PC3-10600 CL9 204-Pin SODIMM (yes, its not the same, but similar) which is a JEDEC standard 1.5V (1.425V ~1.575V) Power Supply and VDDQ = 1.5V (1.425V ~ 1.575V) on my 5750 (which should not be different to your 5742G) and it works perfectly, you should have no problems using that ram. 

I'm currently even using PC3 14900 on my 5750 and it works perfectly, which is what I suggest that you do as its the quickest and best ram for your 5742G and its at 1.35V. See my CPU-Z captions that I've included for your information for my Kingston KVR1333D3S9/4G 4GB 2Rx8 512M x 64-Bit PC3-10600 CL9 204-Pin SODIMM ram that works on my 5750.

You must have put the ram into your system wrongly, check that all the pins are plugged in properly or try to uninstall and boot your system with the old ram and then put the new ram into your system again, because, sometimes it takes a few attempts to get the ram to work, as your new ram should work, otherwise your new ram could be faulty.
  • Jego86

Tinkerer

Tnx for ansuer... 
    So i have installed windows with my old RAM, and run CPU-Z and tis came up...
    So.. i have 2x2GB RAM runing at 1.50V.
    I im...  :scream:
    O and when i tryd new kingston RAM, this pops out...  :/

And so i googled it and now i dont know what to do anymore...
    Now im scared to buy diferent RAM if this dont work... i dont know...  :/
  • Jego86

Tinkerer

Oh and i forgot to tell that BIOS recognized new RAM.
    Total Memory : 8032 MB
  • JackE
    >>>And so i googled it and now i dont know what to do anymore...>>>>

Stop trying to force these Kingston modules to work in your system. They might damage hardware.  Use the recommended 1.35v RAM modules. https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-5742g

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jego86

Tinkerer

Hi again... so i tryd crucial RAM and its the same oucome. Turn on acer, windows logo for instaling turn on, and then blackout, and then all over again... i just cant understang... please help.

With old RAM i instald windows and ewrything is working... 
  • JackE
    Are you running 32-bit Windows? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jego86

Tinkerer

No im running 64- bit windows.
  • JackE
    >>>Oh and i forgot to tell that BIOS recognized new RAM. Total Memory : 8032 MB >>>

Did you press F10 to save BIOS menu settings & exit? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jego86

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    Yes multiple times. And i flashed bios to v 1.30 and no diference

Edited the post to hide personal information
    Acer-Samuel
  • If you persist on running Windows 7 then try this to fix "Error 0x0000000A" but, I would strongly suggest that you install Windows 10 as these problems won't happen. Try this method first to fix your problem, then, back all your personal data up and install Windows 10.

BCCode: 0A - 0x0000000A

Cause

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.

The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

Resolving the Problem

If a kernel debugger is available, obtain a stack trace.

To resolve an error caused by a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS

1. Restart your computer.
    2. Press F8 at the character-based menu that displays the operating system choices.
    3. Select the Last Known Good Configuration option from the WindowsAdvanced Options menu. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool

1. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
    2. Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
    3. Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
    4. Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.
    5. If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination.
    6. For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/subordinate/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks.

• JackE
    Please show what processes are running in TaskManager with the original RAM installed. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jego86

Tinkerer

So here is the picture... 

Clen windows install with no drivers instaled and original old RAM

What if a older wersion of windows is the problem?

• JackE
    >>>When trying to install fresh copy of windows >>>
    >>>What if a older wersion of windows is the problem?>>>

OK. Now please press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32.exe' . Please post screenshot of result. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Jego86

Tinkerer

Here it is
  • JackE
    Does it boot on only one old 2GB module? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ