ACER NITRO 5 AN515-51 BUILT IN CAMERA

xChuckie
xChuckie Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi!
I bought my new laptop acer nitro 5,and the problem is my webcam is not working,i looked in device manager but camera doesnt show up in there,I tried all but i can't get it to work.

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi xChuckie

Check if your webcam is on

Add Imaging Devices Manually

1. Hold the Windows Key and Press R.
    2. Type hdwwiz.cpl and Click OK
    3. Click Action and choose Add Legacy Hardware

4. Click Next, and choose “Install the hardware that i manually select from the list” and click Next, scroll down to choose Imaging Devices and Click Next.

5. Locate the missing device through the manufacturer’s tab and add it.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • xChuckie

Tinkerer

I dont have that options at all
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    xChuckie try this web site https://webcamtests.com/ (please click on test my cam if your cam is detected and allow access when prompted).

If you don't get any image or camera detected then try re-installing the driver with Driver Booster app/software or you can try re-installing the O.S. from factory defaults and see if the driver gets automatically re-installed Re-install with Alt-F10 here, last option will be contacting your local Acer support to have the unit sent for repair here.

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    It is inadvisable and unnecessary to use a 3rd party Driver app. Many problems have been posted here because of these 3rd party app installing incorrect drivers. Device manager and the hardware manufacturer have the correct drivers, it may take a little more work but it is far safer

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• xChuckie

Tinkerer

I didn't use any 3d party Driver app,and my camera doesnt show on webcam test,and I cant find my camera in device manager,i dont know what to do, i have camera and can't use it,Nice.

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    xChuckie said:
    I didn't use any 3d party Driver app,and my camera doesnt show on webcam test,and I cant find my camera in device manager,i dont know what to do, i have camera and can't use it,Nice.

I know you didn't use a 3rd party, that comment was to make sure that you didn't.
    You could contact Acer support for your region

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• xChuckie

Tinkerer

I can't contact them
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    xChuckie said:
    I can't contact them
    Hello!!

May I know the country you reside? Also share us the mode [phone or chat] through which you tried contacting Acer & what happened exactly when you tried contacting Acer support in your region. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• xChuckie

Tinkerer

Croatia,i can't connect with them trough e-maila,i can only bring lapton in service centre
  • Jacob17
    Jacob17 Member Posts: 8 New User
    I am having this same issue, however when trying to add the device the only imaging devices that show up are listed under Microsoft and they are all printers or scanners. Integrated camera isn't an option. I have also noticed that my built in microphone array no longer works.
  • jaguar74
    jaguar74 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi guys, just would like to let everyone knows that my Nitro 5 webcam is back to work after today's windows update. thanks