Best Graphic Settings to play PUBG PC for AN515-42?

curious_gekk88
curious_gekk88 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi Guys,

I have Ryzen AN515-42 & play PUBG PC on very low graphic settings but it still lags. Can you guys share some optimization tweaks or graphic settings so that I can play the game without any lag?

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    I am not familiar with your particular game but if it is an online game you are probably suffering from some of the online game issues @MaClane detailed above. To find out load and play a regular game that is not online and if it plays well there is nothing wrong with your laptop

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon curious_gekk88 !

First of all, you should know that in online games, issues such as server availability, pinging, link dedication, network stability, etc. influence the FPS much more than laptop hardware.

Start by following the basic settings to play:

1- all drivers and windows must be properly updated
    2- the device must be set to use the high performance power plan of Windows
    3- the battery must be charged 100% before playing
    4- Battery should be set to advanced power options for maximum performance.
    5- Game applications must be set in dedicated GPU painel (AMD or Nvida if you have one) to be the main
    6- The appliance must be connected directly to a properly grounded power outlet without any power adapter.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• andylb
    edited November 2019
    You are probably gaming on your Vega 8 dedicated GPU, you need to game on the Rx560 x Discrete GPU. Follow the steps below
    Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:

Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.1  or higher and click express upgrade
    If you don't have the Adrenaline Control center go here and download it
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-1

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• curious_gekk88
    curious_gekk88 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    You are probably gaming on your Vega 8 dedicated GPU, you need to game on the Rx560 x Discrete GPU. Follow the steps below
    Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:

Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.11.1  or higher and click express upgrade
    If you don't have the Adrenaline Control center go here and download it
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-11-1

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are in listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you must launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x and your CPU should be boosting to MAX but only if needed and it will be monitored in Nitrosense

Already doing all these bro.
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    I am not familiar with your particular game but if it is an online game you are probably suffering from some of the online game issues @MaClane detailed above. To find out load and play a regular game that is not online and if it plays well there is nothing wrong with your laptop

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Srii
    Srii Member Posts: 5 New User
    Even i'm doing it, opening it from updated AMD radeon software but PUBG gameloop emulator is running on Vega 8 only
  • andylb
    Where are you finding the information that it is running on the Vega 8? Please post a screenshot of Nitrosense taken while playing the game

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Srii
    GPU usage was fluctuating between 0 to 50% approx! and see fps in top left corner, highest framerate was 30-32 (lowest-15). For all other games gpu usage was 99% max and playing normal with 50-60fpsEmulator diagnosed pic. i have added it in latest amd software, launched the game from inside amd...,vice versa
    Thank you for the answer!
  • andylb
    If all your other games are operating correctly, then by deduction this has to be a problem with the game itself and not the laptop settings, if your settings are incorrect all games would be suffering from the same problem.
    In your Emulator diagnostic pic, the tool is only giving you a System Analysis and is not indicating which GPU is being used, "AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 graphics" etc. are a generic system name/label
    The best way to find out if your discrete (RX560x) GPU is idle is to open Nitrosense and hover your cursor over the graph in GPU, if it is idle it says so, see my screen below

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Srii
    Yes that's why asking for settings. If anyone playing this game or facing this type of issues for this! HELP :-)

• andylb
    Srii said:
    Yes that's why asking for settings. If anyone playing this game or facing this type of issues for this! HELP :-)

Does the game itself have it's own Forum, if they do they might be able to answer your settings questions 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• DantheMan2000
    DantheMan2000 Member Posts: 1 New User

here is a really good blog covering lots of settings to change