Help me please.

Donge
Donge Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi. I brought my first ever acer tablet on Thursday. I signed it in to my internet and it worked fine. But i have just gone on to it and it wont let me sign in again to my internet.i have no CLUE what to do i tnink im locked out but i dont know how this has happened. Thank you Guys. 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Donge 
    What is the full model number of your Acer Tablet?
    1) Forget All Wi-Fi Networks and Start Again. Go to the Settings menu of your tablet.Tap on Connection.Look for Wi-Fi and tap on it.All Wi-Fi networks that you have added to your phone will be listed here. Tap on each of the network names and tap on Forget.
    Now that the networks are deleted, you must add the network you want to connect to by going into the Settings and tapping on Wi-Fi and then Wi-Fi network. Here you will find the network you want to connect to, tap on it, enter the password and you should be able to connect.

2)You can look for Airplane Mode in the notifications area of your Acer tablet, If you do not find it, you can tap on the icon which allows you to check all the icons of the notification area and look for Airplane Mode. Switch it Off, wait for five seconds and Switch it On again.

3)Try to reboot your tablet, hold the Power button -- the same button you use to turn the screen off and on -- for a few seconds to open the power menu, and tap Power Off. Tap OK to confirm. When the screen shuts off, press and hold the Power button again until the tablet begins to boot.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Donge

Hi,
    Please follow the basic steps..

Step 1
    Fix internet connection problems on Android devices

Signs of a bad connection:
    Downloads don't start, time out, or remain at 0%.
    Google Play is stuck on "Loading..."
    You can't load web pages in a browser.

General troubleshooting tips for Android devices

Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that's all it takes to fix a bad connection.
    If restarting doesn't work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data:
    Open your Settings app Settings and then "Wireless & networks" or "Connections". Depending on your device, these options may be different. 
    Turn Wi-Fi off and mobile data on, and check to see if there's a difference.
    If not, turn mobile data off and Wi-Fi on and see if that works.
    --------
    Step 2
    Fix mobile data problems

First, check that mobile data is turned on and you have a data connection.
    Open your Settings app Settings and then "Wireless and Networks" or "Connections" and then Mobile data or Cellular data. On some devices, you may need to select "Data usage" before you see this. 
    Turn mobile data on. If it's already on, turn it off and on again.
    Check that there is a data indicator (for example, 2G, 3G, 4G, H) next to the signal strength bars at the top of the screen Signal.
    Note that sometimes this will not display if you have an active Wi-Fi connection. If this is the case, turn Wi-Fi off and check back.
    If you don't see a signal data indicator, you may be in an area without coverage. If you can, move to a different area (for example, go outside) and check your signal again.
    --------
    Step 3
    Next, turn airplane mode on and off.

Open your Settings app Settings and then "Wireless and Networks" or "Connections" and then tap Airplane Mode. Depending on your device, these options may be different. 
    Turn airplane mode on.
    Wait for 10 seconds.
    Turn airplane mode off.
    Check to see if the connection problems have been solved.
    --------
    Step 4
    Fix Wi-Fi problems

Check that Wi-Fi is turned on and you are connected.

Check that Wi-Fi is turned on and you are connected.

Open your Settings app Settings and then "Wireless and Networks" or "Connections" and then tap Wi-Fi. Depending on your device, these options may be different. 
    Turn Wi-Fi on.

Find the Wi-Fi connection indicator at the top of your screen Wi-Fi.
    If this is not displayed, or none of the bars are filled in, you may be out of range of a Wi-Fi network.
    Move closer to the router, check to see if you have a stronger Wi-Fi connection, and try again.
    -------
    Step 5
    Restart your wireless router.

If you are connecting to Wi-Fi at home, check your router's manual for instructions on how to reset it. Often you can:

Unplug the router from the electrical outlet and make sure the lights on the router go out.
    Wait 30 seconds.
    Plug the router back in and wait 30 seconds for all the lights to come back on.
    Advanced tip: Check to see if firewalls are blocking access to ports required by Google Play (TCP and UDP 5228).

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Donge
    Donge Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thankyou all that answered me. Im 48 and KNOW NOTHING about being online etc,  but I'm learning. Thanks again.
    Donna.