UNKNOWN USB DEVICE (PORT RESET FAILED)

joecinco
joecinco Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi there.
Any advice on how to avoid a headset crash from this?
USB controller is using the windows driver. USB3 ports are on the motherboard... in fact this is happening on multiple pcs.
Once it happens, the only workaround for me is to unplug the usb connector of the acer headset and then restart the pc, once the pc is running again, plug the usb connector back in.
If it was once every two weeks that wouldnt be a problem, but it is every time i use the headset.

Answers

• joecinco

Hi,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..   Kindly follow the steps below..   If the user you are using is corrupted you can try the step 1. 

Step 1

Create a local user account

1. Select the Start  button, select Settings  > Accounts  and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.) 
    2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
    3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    4. Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select Next.

Change a local user account to an administrator account

1. Under Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users, select the account owner name, then select Change account type.
    2. Under Account type, select Administrator and OK.
    3. Sign in with the new administrator account.

Check how your headset is working fine with the new user.

Step 2

Try windows + x
    Go to Device manager
    Expand Usb
    Right click - click on uninstall for each item below usb
    Restart the computer.

Connect the headset and start using it.

Step 3

Otherwise you need to start the refresh process on your computer.

click on start - settings - update and recovery - recovery.   It will show you reset this pc with option "keep my files " and " Remove everything "
    You can chose "keep my files".    There will only be an application loss and your personal files will be intact.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• joecinco
    joecinco Member Posts: 2 New User
    changing to a new user helped the situation. it still happens, but only after a few hours of play. i am assuming at this point the board on the headset is heating up and malfunctioning.

so how do i fix my normal user account, so i dont have to log in as a different user?