Iconia A3-A20 screen rotation

Babaloo
Babaloo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
After my daughter broke the screen of her tablet, I bought a new one and installed. 
Everything is working fine, same quality and response as the broken one (the "new scrren" comes from another tablet same model and even the part numbers are the same).
Problem is the auto rotation of the screen stops working ( the option is active).
The screen is fixed in the position of the tablet when turned on. If you put the tablet in portrait position, the screen is in portrait.  If you turn it off and turn it on again holding it in landscape position, the screen appears in landscape. 
Don't know what could be wrong and if somebody may had an idea of what I need to check, will be great. 
Just to mention that already wipe the system, no new updates pending, etc.
Thanks for your help. 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited October 2019
    Babaloo

Hi,

Please find the details below:

If the screen does not rotate to match the orientation of your tablet, please make sure the Rotation lock switch is not in the lock position. The rotation lock is located near the volume buttons, as shown in the following image:

Please note that some applications do not support the rotation and may prevent the screen orientation from rotating even when the rotation is not locked.

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"

If the comments resolves your issue please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Babaloo
    The Iconia A3-A20 doesn't have any rotation lock button. Tablet was wiped out or restored, (if you can call it that way), a few times. There's no strange software added apart from the pre-installed in the system by Acer.
    Any other ideas?
  • Babaloo
    No ideas???