My Bluethooth stopped working

Hansihenser
Hansihenser Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have updated all drivers.
But I cant reconnet my headphones or other things via bluethooth to my laptop again.
What do I do?

Best Answers

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Uninstall your current Bluetooth driver in Device Manager (Remember to choose "remove driver packages" as well). Then restart. After booting to Windows, run this command in Command Prompt as Administrator: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth . Stay online while doing this step. Let it complete and then check if any Bluetooth driver got installed or not. If not, install the one for your Predator from Acer Support site. Report the outcome here.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    Answer ✓
    @Hansihenser

Hi,

I really appreciate your patience.   Please connect the bluetooth device, turn on the bluetooth, pair the device and check. 

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue please click on "yes" 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Glad it helped.

Answers

• William_mk2
    Hansihenser

Hi,

Step 1

Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, select Run the troubleshooter, and follow the instructions.

Step 2

Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager

If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
    2. In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
    3. Select the Start  button, then select Power  > Shut down.
    4. After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver. 
    5. If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes. 
    Step 3

For Bluetooth to work, the BluetoothBluetooth Device MonitorBluetooth OBEX Service, and the Bluetooth Support Services have to be running properly, so check if they are started and running. To do so, Run services.msc. To open the Services Manager. Check if they are set to Automatic (delayed) and if the Service is started and running. If not click on the Start Service button to start the service. See if this helps.

Go through these steps.  It will be useful

Bluetooth not detecting devices

1] Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

The built-in Hardware Troubleshooter scans for issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer is installed correctly or not. To run the troubleshooter, do the following:

• Press the ‘Windows + W’ key.
    • Type troubleshooter in the search box and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
    • Click hardware and sound and run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

If Bluetooth is not detecting devices

2] Restart Bluetooth Support Service

You may want to check if the related Services are started and running smoothly. To do this, press Windows key + R, type services.msc. Next, right click on Bluetooth Support service and select Restart.

Bluetooth devices not showing

Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties and ensure that the startup type is Automatic.

Startup type automatic

The Bluetooth service supports discovery and association of remote Bluetooth devices.  Stopping or disabling this service may cause already installed Bluetooth devices to fail to operate properly and prevent new devices from being discovered or associated.

3] Enable the Bluetooth Audio Service

Verify whether the settings for the Bluetooth speaker given below is enabled by default or not. If not, enable it and check if it solves the issue. Follow the steps to enable the Bluetooth Audio Service.

Press Win+X key together and select Control Panel from the list. Select Devices and Printers.

In Devices and Printers, locate the Bluetooth speaker device and right click on the device. Click on Properties and navigate to Services tab.

Select Audio SinkHands-free Telephony, and Remote Control and click on Apply.

services

4] Update Bluetooth Device Driver

To do this, you can use the Device Manager.

Press Win+R, type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager. Expand Bluetooth.

bluetooth

Click on Properties, click on Driver tab.

Click Update Drivers button.

update driver

Click on OK button.

If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Hansihenser

Tinkerer

Thank you but nothing helped.

I tried everything but

3] Enable the Bluetooth Audio Service
    Verify whether the settings for the Bluetooth speaker given below is enabled by default or not. If not, enable it and check if it solves the issue. Follow the steps to enable the Bluetooth Audio Service.
    Press Win+X key together and select Control Panel from the list. Select Devices and Printers.
    In Devices and Printers, locate the Bluetooth speaker device and right click on the device. Click on Properties and navigate to Services tab.
    Select Audio SinkHands-free Telephony, and Remote Control and click on Apply.

I dont know what bluethoot speaker I need to select, since I dont have anythin to show up.

• William_mk2
    edited October 2019
    Hansihenser

Hi,

Step 1: Put the device you want to connect into pairing mode

The first important step is to make the device you want to connect to your laptop or desktop discoverable. You do this by initiating pairing mode. The way to do this varies, depending on the device you want to use (headphones, speakers, smartphone, etc.). Check the manual of your product for more information on pairing mode.

• For Bluetooth speakers or headphones, there will be a pairing button available that you will need to press and hold for several seconds to activate pairing mode on Bluetooth speakers or headphones.

• If it’s the very first time you are using your speakers or headphones, it’s highly likely that they will automatically go into pairing mode when you turn them on.

• However, remember that the second and consecutive times you pair a device, pairing mode might differ with the first time you’ve paired it with a device when you unboxed it:
      E.g. Some device immediately goes into pairing mode when using it for the first time; the second time you want to pair these headphones you will have to press and hold the pairing mode button for 7 seconds.

• Ensure your device is not already connected to a previous device: Bluetooth devices often automatically connect with previously paired devices when they are nearby and Bluetooth is enabled.

Step 2: Enable Bluetooth on your laptop/desktop

Windows 10 & 8

1. Go to [Settings]
    2. Click on [Devices]
    3. Click the [Bluetooth] tab and ensure Bluetooth is set to [ON]
    4. Otherwise, select [More Bluetooth options] / [Advanced Bluetooth settings] underneath Related Settings
    5. This will open the Bluetooth settings window. In the first tab [Options] you will see a [Discovery] section with the [Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC] option
    6. Check the option, and don’t forget to click the [Apply] button at the bottom

Windows 10  8 Bluetooth enabling

Windows 7

1. Go to [Control Panel]
    2. Use the search function to search for [Bluetooth]
    3. Click on [Change Bluetooth settings] and ensure the necessary settings are enabled:
      1. Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer
      2. Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer
      3. Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect
    4. Don't forget to press [Apply]

Windows 7 Bluetooth enabling

Step 3: Pairing and setting up your device

Windows 10 & 8

1. Click the [Start] button and select [Settings]
    2. Select [Devices]
      Windows 10 Bluetooth pairing 1

3. Click the [Bluetooth] tab, and then click the [Bluetooth] button to turn on the BLUETOOTH function.

Windows 10 Bluetooth pairing 2

4. Select your device and click [Pair]
    5. Check your sound settings to make sure that sound is played via the correct output. 

Windows 7

1. Click [Start]
    2. Go to [Control Panel]
    3. Select [Devices and Printers] (sometimes located under [Hardware and Sound] )
    4. Under [Devices and Printers], click [Add a device]
    5. Make sure the Bluetooth headset has been set to "Pairing Mode"
    6. In the list, locate the device you want to connect (there might be many other devices around you, eager to connect).

In the following example, we are connecting the WH-H900 headphones, after putting them in pairing mode by pressing the ON button for 7 seconds.

Windows 7 Bluetooth pairing 1

7. In the [Add a device] window, select the Bluetooth headset and you will see a [Connecting to device] notification

Windows 7 bluetooth pairing 2

8. At this point, your computer might automatically install the required drivers, and this will prompt a notification near the taskbar area. Depending on your headphone or speaker model, you might have to enter the pairing code. The default code is 0000.

9. Once the device is added you will see the following screen:

Windows 7 Bluetooth pairing 3

10. When you click on the [Devices and Printers] button, it will take you to an overview of the devices connected to your laptop/desktop. 

11. If your headphones are equipped with a microphone, you will have the option to choose the operations you want to use your headphones for:

1. Listen to music

2. Forward VoIP Calls to Handsfree

Note that the second option will reduce your sound quality compared to the first option because it takes preference on signal strength over sound quality.

12. Finally, right-click on the sound icon in the taskbar to select [Playback devices] and make sure your headphones are selected as the Default Playback Device

Windows 7 pairing bluetooth playback devices menu

Windows 7 Bluetooth pairing playback devices

Additional troubleshooting tips

Turn Bluetooth OFF and ON again

Try switching Bluetooth OFF and ON again if you are certain your device is in pairing mode but is not showing in your device list on your computer.

Remember to turn OFF Airplane mode (Windows 10)

1. Go to [Start]
    2. Select [Settings]
    3. Go to [Network & Internet]
    4. Change the option [Airplane Mode] to [OFF]

Check your Bluetooth drivers

1. Click [Start] and search for [Device Manager] (This will prompt the window on the screenshot below to pop up)
    2. Look for all Bluetooth listings by opening the [Network Adapters category] and/or the [Bluetooth Radios category] (if available).
    3. Check if the driver has no yellow exclamation mark or down arrow sign
      1. Exclamation mark: update or reinstall your computer’s Bluetooth drivers
      2. Down arrow: Bluetooth is disabled: right click and enable to activate Bluetooth

Bluetooth network adapter screenshot

If it is still not working please follow the steps below

click on run - type msconfig

Chose normal startup

Click on Apply - ok

Restart the computer.

Try to pair the bluetooth device.

If still it is not working try the following steps below.

Create a local user account

• Select the Start  button, select Settings  > Accounts  and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.) 
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select Next.

Change a local user account to an administrator account

• Under Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users, select the account owner name, then select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator and OK.
    • Sign in with the new administrator account.

If the comments resolves your issue , please click "Yes"

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Hansihenser

Tinkerer

Thank you very much

It seems I cant activate that my pc is shown for other devices

This will open the Bluetooth settings window. In the first tab [Options] you will see a [Discovery] section with the [Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC] option

I cant change the options in the advanced settings, it always says there is a system failure and I my changes could not be saved.

• XdxD
    Thank you very much

It seems I cant activate that my pc is shown for other devices

This will open the Bluetooth settings window. In the first tab [Options] you will see a [Discovery] section with the [Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC] option

I cant change the options in the advanced settings, it always says there is a system failure and I my changes could not be saved.

What does status in Device manager show when you right-click on Bluetooth device and choose Properties?
  • Hansihenser

Tinkerer

it says that it works properly
  • XdxD
    edited October 2019
    it says that it works properly
    @mohan2018's steps should have rectified it then. Quite strange. What happens when you turn on Bluetooth? Does it even turn on?
  • Hansihenser

Tinkerer

Nope not anymore, I have this problem for now a week since I wanted to connect my headphones to it.
    Maybe I have this problem for far longer and just didnt realize since I didnt use it.

But I think the problem really lies in the advanced setting and that I cant let my pc show on other bluethooth devices. 
    I dont know why it doesnt save :(
  • XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Uninstall your current Bluetooth driver in Device Manager (Remember to choose "remove driver packages" as well). Then restart. After booting to Windows, run this command in Command Prompt as Administrator: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth . Stay online while doing this step. Let it complete and then check if any Bluetooth driver got installed or not. If not, install the one for your Predator from Acer Support site. Report the outcome here.
  • Hansihenser

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    It worked.

why?

Thank you very much!

It now installed the drivers and I also could choose the option in the advanced settings.

Thank you two!
    You are the best guys on here :D

• William_mk2
    Answer ✓
    @Hansihenser

Hi,

I really appreciate your patience.   Please connect the bluetooth device, turn on the bluetooth, pair the device and check. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Hansihenser

Tinkerer

I can connect my headphones now and listen over it.
    Thank you!

• XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Glad it helped.
  • XdxD
    mohan2018 said:
    @Hansihenser

Hi,

Your in-depth guide is actually quite good. I really thought that one of them would solve OP's issue as that's what suggested everywhere. Didn't know that DISM would help here.