X35 flickering(Acer X35 monitor)

Answers

• kot0005
    kot0005 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
  • kot0005
    HAL_9000 said:
    so now they know there is no properly working monitor and they are knowingly selling defective monitors with 2500$.
    If i will decide to purchase a X35 or PG35, and it is defective with this well known issue, i wont return it, i will sue Acer or Asus for knowingly trying to trick customers by selling defective products, hoping they will not notice. Its like selling out-of-date food hoping we wont notice the maggots.

This is unacceptable even for a half priced monitor !
    Yep these are being sold even though they have a major flaw and they dont even inform the consumer about it! I hope all three get hit by a class action.
  • TweetiePie
    TweetiePie Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    edited October 2019
    HAL_9000 said:
    so now they know there is no properly working monitor and they are knowingly selling defective monitors with 2500$.
    If i will decide to purchase a X35 or PG35, and it is defective with this well known issue, i wont return it, i will sue Acer or Asus for knowingly trying to trick customers by selling defective products, hoping they will not notice. Its like selling out-of-date food hoping we wont notice the maggots.

This is unacceptable even for a half priced monitor !

I do not mean to be rude but I would be careful how you tread.  Acer is a mighty global company who has Billions at their disposal not to mention a legal team who XXXXXXXXXXXXX and back and make your life absolutely miserable not to mention bringing their name into disrepute.

Personally I don’t care what you call Acer but Acer need to be treated respectfully also they are a company who have thrown money time investment and components as those components do not grow on trees, this product and I expect they are as disappointed as all of us who are complaining about this Acer X35 SUPPOSE in the back rooms Acer are trying hard for a fix for the problem now I agree this problem should not exist at least lets be patient towards Acer as that is for them to decide how to handle the forums but just thought to be mindful and respectful  as Acer are providing this medium for fault finding problems and to discuss what does not make you happy about the Acer product so please do not spoil it for the majority as Acer might pull the whole thread then where does that leave the rest of us who still have and might have problems.  We need this forum for discussion. Thank you.

This is Directed @HAL_9000 unfortunately I have no HDR games at the minute until I buy modern warfare 2019 until then I wont be able to try out the settings trouble is there are no HDR games that interest me and I’m not going to buy a game just to test out the HDR ability then in a years’ time the game drops to something like $6 at the end of the month Modern Warfare will be released I’ll test my monitor then and if it flickers I will open a PayPal dispute and return it I will not be uploading videos of said flickering issue either as that solves nothing but returning my monitor for a full refund will make more waves for Acer than posting video clips on you tube money sure does talk and quite loudly, where returns are concerned. It is only through returning your faulty monitors will Acer take notice their back account will reflect the serious issue they have with this monitor if half the consumers are indeed returning their faulty monitors that is.

All the posted videos and all the pictures I have experienced no flickering myself scan lines or anything else no loud fan noise what I am saying is my monitor is fault free, yes I see the flickering in your uploaded videos but would that annoy me probably not but now I am aware of it I know what to look for myself when playing a hdr game and if it manifests itself then I will be returning my monitor under the grounds the X35 is advertised as being flicker free. Don’t worry I will be reporting back with my findings once I have played the game I will allow myself 14 days to look for and seek out this so called flickering after that time you would imagine I would see the flickering at some point so I will leave it at that  and lets see what happens with playing a true HDR game.

This is directed @spoonermcgee the reason for the scarcity of these monitors is the uptake is greater than the demand can supply.  Acer cannot keep up with the orders as soon as they are in stock they are sold back out the door, my google search brought up UK only web sites, as below.

I did a Google search and currently overclockers has 5 in stock

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer-predator-x35-35-3440x1440-va-200hz-g-sync-ultimate-hdr1000-widescreen-led-curved-gaming-monito-mo-14h-ac.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzMnUhu2b5QIVkOJ3Ch1PlQkbEAYYASABEgIDT_D_BwE

The below shop has one in stock

https://transparent-uk.com/acer-predator-x35-led-display-88-9-cm-35-3440-x-1440-pixels-ultrawide-quad-hd-curved-black-um-cx0ee-005.html?mkwid=s_dc|pcrid|44074791843|pkw||pmt|&mh_keyword=&bnine=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzMnUhu2b5QIVkOJ3Ch1PlQkbEAYYAiABEgJgfPD_BwE

This  one has four in stock.

https://www.ballicom.co.uk/acer-um-cx0ee-005-.p1465131.html?ref=PLA&of_tid=MFRWG5B5GQTGMZLFMREWIPJZEZYHE33EJFSD2MZSHAZTOMY&adGroupId=16890109513&device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzMnUhu2b5QIVkOJ3Ch1PlQkbEAYYAyABEgJ-QfD_BwE

Amazon usa has one in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-X35-bmiphzx-UltraWide-DisplayHDR/dp/B07V8KVK8H

I will keep an eye on this thread I will report back as to whether I did find any flickering issues with my new game. All my non hdr games are also flicker free but it is only while playing HDR games that the flickering happens. A picture to show scan lines would be helpful if anyone can point me to where to download a picture that will clearly show scan lines on my monitor would be appreciated. I have looked at many hdr pictures in full screen I can find no scan lines.

• TweetiePie
    edited October 2019

As a final thought why does Amazon USA not have deals on the X35 as usually when a product is returned to Amazon you would see Amazon deals and it would say something like scrape top right scuff bottom of back support leg light scrape on front of screen bottom left box damaged with say 40% off the product how come we are not seeing Amazon warehouse deals for this monitor of past customers who have returned their X35’S for a refund if so many are faulty Amazon should have x35 returns in their inventory by this stage. Just a thought.

• HAL_9000
    HAL_9000 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    TweetiePie 
    The real problem is that they keep silent about a known issue and willingly keep selling defective products ! 
    By all means, this is no mistake, this is fraud. 
    What exactly is here to respect about Acer / Asus that i do not understand ?
  • HAL_9000
    maybe  a complaint at the Federal Trade Comission would make more sense and would be easyer for the regular everyday normal guy.
  • Sundrowner
    Sundrowner Member Posts: 2 New User
    The flickering is a limitation with the VA panel. Using that photo, I not only get flickering on both the predator x35 and the Asus PG35VQ, I also get the same flickering on the Samsung CRG9 and the AOC Agon AG352UCG6. Using my Asus PG27UQ which is an IPS display there is zero flickering using that same photo. I truly believe this is not a defect yet an issue you will have with any VA panel.
  • Sundrowner
    Sundrowner Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2019
    I wanted to add that I did not see scan lines with that photo while using the X35 or the PG35VQ but the flicker will happen guaranteed, make a window with the photo and slowly move the image around and you will see flicker in the mountain on the left and the houses on the bottom right of the image. This will not happen while using an IPS display.
  • HAL_9000
    do you believe that if it would have been a VA issue, it would occur only for refresh rate > 60 ? or only with certain overdrive settings ?
    @60Hz, it still is a VA panel, but no flickering...

The G-Sync module or the AUO panel seem to be faulty. Or maybe a combination of both, since this components are in both the PG35 and X35.
    Im hoping the AOC's AG353UCG will be better
  • HAL_9000
    there is no proof of a single PG35VQ or X35 that works without flickering.
    @TweetiePie & @sonicboooom can you please provide the first ever proof that at least one PG35 or X35 works without flickering and scan lines ?
    If it is a design flaw (so far so it seems), it should be impossible that there is even a single working unit.
  • ObiWonton
    ObiWonton Member Posts: 4 New User
    That last statement by @TweetiePie should be a red flag to everyone. Shills will be shills. 
  • muSashi
    muSashi Member Posts: 1 New User
    ObiWonton said:
    That last statement by @TweetiePie should be a red flag to everyone. Shills will be shills. 
    Agreed, that was a weird statement for someone not working for Acer or Asus..
    He has no clue what Acer / Asus is doing, as they provided ZERO communication to the community, or even confirmed that these monitors have issues.
  • SilentMarket
    SilentMarket Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hi guys, if you are interested, there is an overdrive comparison on PG35VQ  
    https://youtu.be/pA-zQO8hzQM  

• kot0005

As a final thought why does Amazon USA not have deals on the X35 as usually when a product is returned to Amazon you would see Amazon deals and it would say something like scrape top right scuff bottom of back support leg light scrape on front of screen bottom left box damaged with say 40% off the product how come we are not seeing Amazon warehouse deals for this monitor of past customers who have returned their X35’S for a refund if so many are faulty Amazon should have x35 returns in their inventory by this stage. Just a thought.

Why are you still here if you monitor is perfect...you just seem to be trolling now.
  • kot0005
    The flickering is a limitation with the VA panel. Using that photo, I not only get flickering on both the predator x35 and the Asus PG35VQ, I also get the same flickering on the Samsung CRG9 and the AOC Agon AG352UCG6. Using my Asus PG27UQ which is an IPS display there is zero flickering using that same photo. I truly believe this is not a defect yet an issue you will have with any VA panel.
    Not if the flickering is this bad.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaDf3mNXQ1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab7XMXP4m8A

literally unusable.
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    "I do not mean to be rude but I would be careful how you tread.  Acer is a mighty global company who has Billions at their disposal not to mention a legal team who could drag your ***** to court and back and make your life absolutely miserable not to mention bringing their name into disrepute"

Wow. That does 100% sound not just rude but threatening. What's he doing so wrong exactly? Stating the obvious in this instance which is actual fact. I dont see why your focus is in attacking him with threats and not trying to deal with the issue here. You are making people feel very uncomftable myself included. We just want what was sold to us under fair trade. Theres no way someone can drag you through court for wanting fairness when the whole court system is established as such.
  • TweetiePie
    edited October 2019
    "I do not mean to be rude but I would be careful how you tread.  Acer is a mighty global company who has Billions at their disposal not to mention a legal team who XXXXXXXXXXX to court and back and make your life absolutely miserable not to mention bringing their name into disrepute"

Wow. That does 100% sound not just rude but threatening. What's he doing so wrong exactly? Stating the obvious in this instance which is actual fact. I dont see why your focus is in attacking him with threats and not trying to deal with the issue here. You are making people feel very uncomftable myself included. We just want what was sold to us under fair trade. Theres no way someone can drag you through court for wanting fairness when the whole court system is established as such.

I have read all the replies look dry your eyes and man up I couldn’t care less what you all call Acer and if my screen was flickering then I would have it returned already I wouldn’t be on here moaning about it the reason why I am here is the fact I have not got one HDR game and I am not going to buy a HDR game just to test this monitor out looks like I will be able to download a play the division 2 for free for 4 days from Ubisoft, why am I still here is simple I have no HDR games but looks like that will happen this Thursday so yes I will play the game and if there is flickering on my screen I will ask for a refund and return the monitor.  I am not attacking anyone I am not the one who is calling anyone a maggot but to my mind you do not go about calling anyone maggots that term is very derogatory.

I have spent a lot of dollars on my monitor so if your monitor is flickering return it for a refund or phone Acer and tell them you are going to take legal action, do whatever you all like but a little bit of decorum goes a long way in resolving issues you may have. So why is it you @Boatkettlecheese have singled me out for special attention that is a personal attack on me as a person like you I sit behind a keyboard you are not anonymous you are not hidden from view but you are a real person like me I am real not a bot or a troll @kot0005 remember you are the one who has been moaning the most about your faulty monitor so why not return it and buy something else I have asked for a JPEG Picture to show scan lines and as yet no one has  provided anything picture wise which will replicate the scan lines on my monitor that you all show in this thread. I have not had one fault but then I have not played any hdr games.

@Boatkettlecheese and I quote. ( I don’t see why your focus is in attacking him with threats and not trying to deal with the issue here. You are making people feel very uncomfortable myself included. We just want what was sold to us under fair trade. There’s no way someone can drag you through court for wanting fairness when the whole court system is established as such.)

I am not making anyone feel uncomfortable but @HAL_9000 used the word maggot to refer to acer to me that is rude so you don’t think calling acer a maggot company rude if you have a faulty monitor then take the route of litigation or return your monitor for a full unequivocal refund if you used a credit card you are protected contact your issuing back and assume a chargeback on the credit card for faulty goods or in my case I used PayPal. FFS people don’t make me laugh out very loud why are you all on here having a moan about your X35 monitor screens, return your faulty monitor or if you are apst retruning for a refund then start a charge back as you ahev 60 days from date of purchase you are all protected on a global scale by consumer right you can not be told you will nto receive a refund if the monitor is flickering then you will win any case you my broing to Acers door.

I will let you all know how the division 2 went down and if I notice any flickering then it will be boxed up and shipping back Friday. And to prove the free trial here is a picture oh and after the game if you like the game after the free trial they give 75% off the retail price.

So lets all be sensible here we are all adults. Chill out. FFS

• spoonermcgee
    spoonermcgee Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I'm beginning to believe it is a limitation of VA panels. No matter what game I play I see scan lines when moving. I have never noticed or seen this at all with my x34P. The flickering is still very odd, but I haven't ran into it all that much. It's the constant scanlines that is driving me nuts! 
  • HAL_9000
    @TweetiePie
    i see you did not understood what i wrote. 
    "Its like selling out-of-date food hoping we wont notice the maggots" a.k.a. knowingly selling rotten burgers, hoping the one buying it wont notice (the rotten food). I did not refer to anyone being a maggot... 

try this, m8:
    http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk1.html
    http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk2.html
    http://www.techmind.org/lcd/crosstalk3.html

how does the monitor handle those ?
  • qwertyuiopgfg
    qwertyuiopgfg Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Come on Acer... Are you planning to just leave this thread to die? Is that what the higherups told you to do? Even a "Yea we understand this is an issue, but we already have your money soooo.... we're not going to do anything" would be better than your current state of communication.
This discussion has been closed.