Black screen and no keyboard - Travelmate p2510

Xenaxsiogeo
Xenaxsiogeo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone, i bought Acer Travelmate p2510 three months ago and i have problem. Maybe two months ago my keyboard  and touchpad stop worked after  system restart. So i plugged in other mouse and i had to reset laptop second time. When i did it i saw just black screen, i can't turn off laptop (problem with this keyboard), i had to wait when battery discharge. After discharge i turned on my laptop and everything was fine. Today i had this same problem, i use win10 pro. Maybe the problem is with Windows or charger(i have supported with this same parameters, but not original)?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    This is normal and might happen occasionally. When it does, remove charger. Then  gently press a paperclip into the battery disconnect pinhole on the bottom of the laptop for 10 seconds. This should shut machine off. Then let machine rest for 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in and turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Xenaxsiogeo
    Xenaxsiogeo Member Posts: 2 New User
    And in your opinion everything is fine? What is the reason od this error with keyboard?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    It's possible the KB/touchpad ribbon cable needs to be reseated a few times to help clean its contacts with the mainboard. But that requires disassembly to reach the connector. If it only occasionally happens and can be resolved with the battery disconnect pinhole, I would not try to do this. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ