Acer Spin 1 Bios brick - Spin SP111-31

Dvalken
Dvalken Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello people, 
Ive got an Acer Spin SP111-31.
I wanted to update the Bios but when te system restarts it gave a black screen and its been like that for 8 hours.
the power and charger light are booth blue but thats it!

I think i miss flashed it! annyone know how to re-flash it?

Thing ive done:
-Download 1st bios update and flached the .bin file from it, put it on USB and tried the Fn-ESC+power combination
-Download last bios update and flached the .bin file from it, put it on USB and tried the Fn-ESC+power combination

I think i do something wrong, Anny suggestions?

NOTE: When power light is on and taking the charder off it makes sound so i thing the screen is just not working but hooking it up to a HDMI screen also resuls in a black screen (its a fanless design so no idea if its really turnign on!)

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Hello! Have you tried updating the video drivers on intel and nvidia websites? I do not have if a firmware update uefi will or will not solve the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dvalken
    Hello, ty for your reply!

Yes i try'd resetting the battery (by using the battery reset button) 
    however installing GPU drivers is not gonna work, i dont get any screen activity also not when using external screen
  • Is your notebook still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dvalken
    Yes it has, allready contacted te seller but was hoping i was still able to fix it
  • Can you trade with the dealer? The problem, is that I'm not sure if they swap the product containing bios problems!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dvalken
    i think it will go back to Acer itself, i dont thing the seller will be able to find out that ists a BIOS problem
  • Brayboi
    Brayboi Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2019
    Hi I also have this problem with mine I was upgrading the bios software because I was not certain why it was not reading the usb on the bios menu because I was trying to install Ubuntu on it . I have tried replacing the RAM I checked everything I wanted to see the if it was a hardware issue but did not see any hardware issues like loose cables . Did the flashing bios method fn+esc and I have the .fd file and not work 
    Please help me Acer.
    BIOS ISSUE
  • In this case, only Acer can use the .fd file to retrieve the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DantonJ
    DantonJ Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hello, i hope this still helps,

I had the same problem with my acer spin 5, i took it to a local repair station and asked for a BIOS reflash, they removed the chip and used an EPROM tool to do that.

However my laptop was never again the same, maybe its a particular situation for my computer, good luck!