My new Acer laptop Aspire 3 A315-55G-57H, runs only 2 hours on a single charge doing basic tasks.

Answers

• peepeepoopoo
    peepeepoopoo Member Posts: 29

Tinkerer

I told you same battery life 
  • Are there any services that are using more power in the task manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

All of the power plans give the same amount of battery life
  • peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Is it a hardware or software issue. What do you think?
  • I think it must be some program that is consuming more battery power. Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing al + f10 before the Acer logo? It is necessary to back up files as a precaution.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

I have a top-class antivirus suite and I full scanned my pc three times. I even used hitman pro and Malwarebytes and ADW cleaner. I don't think there is a chance any pup or malware exists on my pc. It could be bloatware though. And I didn't find any programs that take a lot of resources in task manager. Still,
    do you think there is a chance the battery is defective? 

• According to the hwinfo64 program, there is nothing wrong with the battery. This is why it would be interesting if you tried to reinstall windows 10 using the alt + f10 commands.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Do you think it can solve the problem I already have a lot of important data and apps on my pc that took  ages to download 
  • It is possible that it does. However, I cannot guarantee you with 100% accuracy that it will solve the problem. I still think there is some second program that may be using the nvidia graphics card and consuming more battery, see you:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

this is what I got

• Have you checked if these programs still use the nvidia video card when you use the notebook on battery power only? Try finalizing them using the task manager.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Yes it still runs on battery power
  • OK! I suggest you open the nvidia card settings menu and select "auto select".

Then disable these programs and services and restart the notebook:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Fine ill try reinstalling it
  • Did you finish those programs that are activating the nvidia video card? Does the battery life still remain at two hours?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Yo thanks a lot! After reinstalling windows, battery life has increased now it takes an hour and a half to reach 70% doing light tasks and full brightness and balanced power plan! I'll update if battery life decreases again.

So many thanks for helping me out.
  • GLM
    GLM Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    the best way to conserve juice is leave the settings by default / balance . 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As I told you before, this was occurring because there must be some application, service, or program that was using the nvidia video card. When you reinstalled windows, this may have been fixed. Keep testing and posting the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Sure ill update if i face problems again
  • peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

sorry that I'm late its been the same battery life all over again 2 days after i reinstalled