My new Acer laptop Aspire 3 A315-55G-57H, runs only 2 hours on a single charge doing basic tasks.

peepeepoopoo
peepeepoopoo Member Posts: 29

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I recently bought the Acer Aspire 3 A315-55G-57HL. The battery runs out after 2 hours doing basic tasks such as browsing, web surfing, email etc.. Do I have a defective laptop? Will replacing my battery fix this? Also, will my warranty cover this?

Thanks...

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As I told you before, this was occurring because there must be some application, service, or program that was using the nvidia video card. When you reinstalled windows, this may have been fixed. Keep testing and posting the result here.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Battery life depends on several factors. The wireless network card is the device that uses the most battery power. Have you tried putting it into power saver mode and turning on battery saver?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

No, I didn't because sometimes do some heavy tasks alongside browsing then I would need that power I have set it to high performance but the store I bought it from told me this laptop runs for 8 hours on a single charge it should at least run 6 or 4  hours because its a new one in my opinion i think its a defective battery
  • You said this here "I did not sometimes do some heavy tasks alongside browsing so I would need that power". Are you using the notebook to render videos or something?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

No play games but i play them while charging 
  • When you put your notebook into high performance, battery power will be consumed faster. Ideally, set the battery to "power saver" mode in the power options and enable the "battery saver" function in windows settings.
    When using the notebook for gaming or for programs that require more performance, use the notebook connected to the power adapter.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Yup i tried them all, still the same battery life
  • Have you tried calibrating the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Yes, but i don't need to the laptop runs out in 2 hours and i have to charge again
  • peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

And one more note i also updated all drivers including battery drivers, can this cause the problem, if yes how do i uninstall the update
  • There must be some background service or program that is consuming battery power. I suggest you try all non-essential services and programs:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Told u tried every solution the internet has to offer
  • OK! Can you upload a screenshot of this information?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

I dont know how to do that but this might be helpful

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

Look at that remaining time
  • I would like you to download the program hwinfo64: https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

After downloading what should i do
  • peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

You wanted this right
  • I didn't find anything wrong with your battery. I still think you set the battery to high performance in power options. Can you upload some screenshots of the power options?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• peepeepoopoo

Tinkerer

i keep it on balanced now and with power saver same battery life as with high performance and minimum processor power management is at 0% and max at 60%

• What happens when you select "power saver" and "battery saver" mode?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer