Acer Nitro AN515-53 You're currently running a version of Windows that's nearing the end of support.

Nasdaq
Nasdaq Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Nitro AN515-53 - 1803 os build

You're currently running a version of Windows that's nearing the end of support. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 now to get the latest features and security improvements.

so seems something has to give soon with 1903 update, unsure how exactly it came to this. This laptop is not even a year old, and yet he we are where consumers will be at risk.

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    This is a Microsoft update for Windows 10 and nothing to do with Acer or your laptop The update to Windiws 10 v1903 can be downloaded directly from Microsoft 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    This is a Microsoft update for Windows 10 and nothing to do with Acer or your laptop The update to Windiws 10 v1903 can be downloaded directly from Microsoft 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Nasdaq
    andylb said:
    Isn't Acer suppose to work with Microsoft to make sure these updates are compatible, I mean this laptop isn't even running build 1809. I'm fully aware I can update manually, But I'm also aware oh how that usually turns out. I'd rather just have the build pushed to my device, the way its supposed to be.
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    It pushed to mine my friend. The update feature is part of Window Update and to my knowledge it's  not anything to do with Acer

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Nasdaq
    edited September 2019
    andylb said:
    It pushed to mine my friend
    what model do you have, it's tried to push to mine several times and fails. Do I need to update the bios or something? I'm on v 1.25.
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    I have AN515-42 BIOS 1.16 I purchased it in January if this year and mine wasn't even 1809 either, however it was the current Windows version at the time I bought it so Acer did there job correctly. It then becomes Microsoft's responsibility to update their operating system. I would read the article at Microsoft website

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Alpha_d3vil
    Alpha_d3vil Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    i purrchased mine(an515-52) on 31 august.mine came with windows version 1809  OS build 17763.168........................if i update manually to 1903 manually will i lose windows activation?should i update manually?or keep using this build
  • QueenLilith
    QueenLilith Member Posts: 11 New User
    I purchased AN515-54 few days ago and I did update to 1903 by myself downloading it from microsoft
    Windows update didnt find this.
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    i purrchased mine(an515-52) on 31 august.mine came with windows version 1809  OS build 17763.168........................if i update manually to 1903 manually will i lose windows activation?should i update manually?or keep using this build

It's fine to update manually, and yes you do need 1903 because most driver updates are based on 1903.
    Microsoft gives you that option in the link I supplied above. Guys this isn't a NEW Windows, it is an update to the Windows you own, it's just a big fancy feature update
    The update instructions are here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Alpha_d3vil
    andylb said:

It's fine to update manually, and yes you do need 1903 because most driver updates are based on 1903.
    Microsoft gives you that option in the link I supplied above. Guys this isn't a NEW Windows, it is an update to the Windows you own, it's just a big fancy feature update
    The update instructions are here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update
    Ok then i will update myself and hope nothing goes wrong since windows updates can be trash sometimes.They patch old problems and create new problems and the cycle continues.
  • andylb
    If I have answered the question please click YES thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Nasdaq
    edited September 2019
    Update: updated manually and everything seems to work, unsure why it would never install automatically. Had issues with shutting down (getting windows ready don't turn off your computer - hang) after applying the first update after successfully updating to 1903, but seems to be OK now. That update was intel corporation - scsiadapter 17.0.0.1072, but its applied now and working ok.
  • Alpha_d3vil
    i also updated to 1903 and faced no problem during installation.Now onto the driver updates
  • Intellect
    Intellect Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited October 2019
    I'm having this problem today. I've tried a dozen ways to update to 1903 and it always fails. I have 2 errors, 0x80070003 (issue with update files) and 0x80240034. The 2nd error is in regards to the Intel scsiadapter 17.0.0.1072 that Nasdaq had trouble with. I have upgraded to an SSD, but otherwise I'm running it stock. I have tried 3 different way of installing the update in the OS, as well as making an install USB drive.
    I've tried everything mentioned here to try and still had no success at updating. I'd really like to use some of the features in 1903.
    Any advice?

I'm on 1803, should I be trying to go to 1809 and then to 1903? If so, where can I get a clean/safe version of 1809 to update to? It never came through my Windows Updates.
  • andylb
    Install 1809 from the Microsoft Update Catalogue 
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=windows 10 1809

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Intellect
    I'm not able to find it. There are a lot of "updates for" but no "updates to" 1809. It says "over 1000" results, perhaps it' sin the other results that it's not showing?
  • Intellect
  • andylb
    Intellect said:

That one should be good

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Intellect
    That failed, too. Must be something wrong with my system in particular. I'd hate to do a clean install. Oh well.
  • andylb
    Intellect said:
    That failed, too. Must be something wrong with my system in particular. I'd hate to do a clean install. Oh well.

At this stage it's probably the only choice. Restart and hit Alt + f10 at the Acer logo

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★