Want to upgrade R7-571-6858 and need your expertise and advise

rogerlee
rogerlee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
What is the best compatible Intel wireless network card (or any other for that matter) for R7-571-6858 ? I'm having difficulty finding reliable or clear information on this matter and if anyone could guide or steer me in that direction, I would greatly appreciate you help. Upgraded original card to the Intel 7260HMW PCI-E BT 4.0 and wondering how I could upgrade if possible. Bluetooth and wireless connection to displays or mirroring doesn't work and have read it is a problem common to this Acer model. I can connect For example, I can not Bluetooth to a speaker but phones will. I cannot mirror to any TV period. Phones will. I would much appreciate any advise, expertise, or where to go, and will respond to all with results.

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Upgraded original card>>>have read it is a problem common to this Acer model.>>>

Yup. So what happens to BT speakers and TV mirroring when you put the original  card back in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rogerlee
    rogerlee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey sorry for my delay to respond and thank you for messaging me!  The original card issues prompted my quest to fix or for information (or whereabouts there of) of what will or will not work, a manual or site, what my be lol   I very much enjoy tinkering with this laptop and have learned much- mostly by ***** it up and having to re install Windows ISO several times or more lol
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>Upgraded original card to the Intel 7260HMW PCI-E BT 4.0 >>>The original card issues prompted my quest to fix or for information>>>

Yes, but you never revealed the original card issues. All you said that you upgraded  to the Intel that has BT & mirroring problems. So I'll ask again. What happens to BT & mirroring if the original card is re-installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ