Tablet Iconia 1 10 a3-40 A6002

Options
Babsi
Babsi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Tablet Iconia 1 10 a3-40 A6002 is frozen and not responding. suggested factory reset using power & volume buttons is not working at all. screen stays blank/black, no menu comes up. there does not seem to be a pinhole on this model to do a hard reset either. It's manufactured 11/2016 so not thaaaat old. is there a fix or is it dead?

Answers

• Babsi
    Options

Tablet Iconia 1 10 a3-40 A6002 (Android) is frozen and not responding. suggested factory reset using power & volume buttons is not working at all. screen stays blank/black, no menu comes up. there does not seem to be a pinhole on this model to do a hard reset either. It's manufactured 11/2016 so not thaaaat old. is there a fix or is it dead?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not familiar with a model with that designation. Is it perhaps a different A3-xxx model? All I know of have three digits after the A3-.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Babsi
    Options
    It's an Iconia Tab 10 A3-A40 Model A6002 with Android 6.0
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, the first step is to verify you are not just stuck in a sleep mode. Press and hold the power button (not the power+volume) for 30 seconds or so then try to turn it on normally. The long press on the power button forces a power off so when you try to turn it on it will do the full startup. If that doesn't work we'll dig deeper into it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Spineydave
    Spineydave Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same model  Iconia Tab 10 A3-A40 Model A6002, 2017.1. This has done the same thing, I was watching a video, left the room to answer the phone and when I came back I'm guessing the battery had run out and the screen had gone black. 
    No mater how much I charge or reset, or power down, power up the unit it will not switch back on. I even popped open the back and check the battery voltage (4.22V) which is ok. I even disconnected the battery for a day, reconnected it and it still won't turn back on, it's a right nightmare I really used the tablet quite a bit and am gutted now it's dead.
    For a 3 1/2 year old device, loving looked after I'm very unimpressed. 

Any ideas would be gratefully received.
    Thanks  Dave
  • Spineydave
    Spineydave Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Just going to add that there's no red charge light illuminating on the front of the unit when plugged in. But as the battery voltage is 4.22v it must have charged the battery even without the red light ??