Acer nitro 5 ( AN515-42-R00Y ) after bios update, stays blacks screen

EpicMayo
EpicMayo Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Model: AN515-42-R00Y

Problem:

I have acer nitro 5 amd variant. My current version of bios is 1.13, I'm upgrading to 1.16. At first glance the system successfully recognize the update then boots up. After that it goes to the bios update, I waited then it said the bios update is complete and successful then the computer automatically restarted itself. After that, my computer stayed at black screen for a while with keyboard backlight is lit up. I don't know what to do at this point. Last 3 months after I bought the laptop I just updated my bios to 1.13 then it did fine with it. But with 1.16, it is still black screen after successful bios update.

Thanks for the reponses!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Does this come with two ram memory slots? Have you tried to connect only the second ram stick?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • EpicMayo

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Does this come with two ram memory slots? Have you tried to connect only the second ram stick?
    I've scanned the internet and I saw you in one of the posts. And my solution has been solved by switching ram positions.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Great, my friend.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• The black screen still remains?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EpicMayo

Tinkerer

Update: I tried to remove my new second ram that was installed at bios 1.13 where my computer is running fine with it. Now with single stick, my computer now normally runs at 1.16 bios. Now, I can only run my computer with stock ram of 4gb. Now I can't use my second ram stick at 1.16 bios.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EpicMayo

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I've scanned the internet and I saw you in one of the posts. And my solution has been solved by switching ram positions.
  • OK! However, I would like to know if when the two rams sticks are connected, if the problem still remains?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• EpicMayo

Tinkerer

OK! However, I would like to know if when the two rams sticks are connected, if the problem still remains?
    The problem is gone, thanks for your support!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Great, my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mistermaximal
    mistermaximal Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    Hello! I just wanted to say I also have the Nitro 5 AMD version and had the same issue after upgrading to 1.16. I also have 2x 8gb RAM sticks in because I added the second one for 16GB. After I removed one the Laptop booted again, put it back in and again black screen.
    Then I switched the 2 sticks around and now it works again?! Very weird behavior, but it worked out in the end. For info, I now have the original SK hynix stick in the outer/upper slot and my added kingston stick (both 2400 MHz and same timings) in the inner slot.
    Thanks for the tips!

PS: unfortunately, the Keyboard lighting timeout option in the BIOS still doesn't work, when running on battery the lighting still goes out after 1 minute of not pressing a button. I hope this gets fixed at some point :P
  • EpicMayo

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    Hello! I just wanted to say I also have the Nitro 5 AMD version and had the same issue after upgrading to 1.16. I also have 2x 8gb RAM sticks in because I added the second one for 16GB. After I removed one the Laptop booted again, put it back in and again black screen.
    Then I switched the 2 sticks around and now it works again?! Very weird behavior, but it worked out in the end. For info, I now have the original SK hynix stick in the outer/upper slot and my added kingston stick (both 2400 MHz and same timings) in the inner slot.
    Thanks for the tips!

PS: unfortunately, the Keyboard lighting timeout option in the BIOS still doesn't work, when running on battery the lighting still goes out after 1 minute of not pressing a button. I hope this gets fixed at some point :P
    The keyboard lightning timeout is working only when the laptop is plugged in. Even if you disabled the timeout on the bios, it is intended that the laptop will activate the lightning timeout of the keyboard. This is due to save battery while you are running the laptop unplugged.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    :pensive:
    The keyboard lighting staying on is only when plugged into power , if it stays on when plugged in but goes off on battery then it is working as intended

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• mistermaximal
    mistermaximal Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Oh, I see! I thought this would enable continuous keyboard lighting in battery mode. I would still really like to have that option, since it can sometimes be annoying when using the laptop in darkness, and I don't think those LEDs would make a significant difference to battery life :)
    Thanks!
  • andylb
    Oh, I see! I thought this would enable continuous keyboard lighting in battery mode. I would still really like to have that option, since it can sometimes be annoying when using the laptop in darkness, and I don't think those LEDs would make a significant difference to battery life :)
    Thanks!

Yes it would be nice to have the option and I hope we get it. I just hit the space bar to light it up.
    Please click YES if I answered your question, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MI3RNIK
    MI3RNIK Member Posts: 8 New User
    I have the same problem as in the post described above. Currently, the Laptop works in duall channel (2x8GB original memory) but sometimes starts with a black screen. I would like to return to the previous stable bios 1.13 but I don't know how to do it.
  • andylb
    MI3RNIK said:
    I have the same problem as in the post described above. Currently, the Laptop works in duall channel (2x8GB original memory) but sometimes starts with a black screen. I would like to return to the previous stable bios 1.13 but I don't know how to do it.

Please start a new post for your problem, although problems may look to be the same they may often have different causes. This question is already marked SOLVED

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★