Laptop stuck on the bios update screen g9 - 793

omarinag9
omarinag9 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
was updating my g9 - 793 bios from 1.12 to 1.13, however its now stuck at the installation complete screen. please advice what should i do

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    I remember we helped the other user with that same problem and there was no way. You have to turn off the notebook and hope that the bios has been successfully recorded. I am not responsible for any damage. The other user's notebook worked correctly after forcing it to shut down.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2019 Answer ✓
    I remember we helped the other user with that same problem and there was no way. You have to turn off the notebook and hope that the bios has been successfully recorded. I am not responsible for any damage. The other user's notebook worked correctly after forcing it to shut down.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    omarinag9 if for any reason your laptop is bricked the only way to get it back to work its following these steps:
    (you will need to create the usb drive in another device)
    Crisis Utility SOP
    When to Use the Crisis S.O.P?
    • When the system hangs while updating BIOS.
    • When power failure occurs and the system shuts down while updating BIOS.
    • When the system cannot boot normally after updating BIOS (i.e. a black screen appears
    without a POST logo, etc).

Creating a USB Flash Crisis Disk
    To create a Crisis USB flash disk, perform the following:
    1. On a machine with Windows OS, plug in a USB flash disk.
    2. Launch Windows Explorer, the USB flash disk is shown as a “Removable Disk”. Right-click the
    mouse on the USB flash disk, then select Format to format the USB disk.

3. In the dialog shown below, set the following options:
    • File System: Select “FAT32”
    • Format Options: Select “Quick Format”

In Windows OS, unzip the compressed Crisis utility package (i.e. in this case,
    “Crisis_Disk_v1.xx.zip”). Then copy the files “C5PRHx64.fd” to the root directory of the USB
    flash disk made in the preceeding steps.

NOTE:
    Make sure the size of “C5PRHx64.fd“ is 8.97MB, and that there is no other *.fd file in the root
    directory of the USB flash disk.

Then on AC insert the USB drive press/hold FN+ESC and power up wait 5/6 seconds untill you hear the fans at full speed and then release FN+ESC wait 3/5 mnts once the flsh its complete the laptop will automatically shutdown

If the waiting time takes more than 5 minutes, the system recovery might have failed. Check the
    following:
    • BIOS filename (i.e. C5PRHx64.fd) is correct and in the root directory of the USB flash
    Crisis disk.
    • Remove the battery to reset the embedded controller status.
    and repeat all steps again

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• omarinag9
    omarinag9 Member Posts: 3 New User
    thank you all for the advice , i was lucky the battery reset worked for me. this was a lesson learned that i should have gone through the community before doing any major updates.

• You are welcome my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Hardstaff
    Hardstaff Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    omarinag9 if for any reason your laptop is bricked the only way to get it back to work its following these steps:
    Crisis Utility SOP
    • When the system cannot boot normally after updating BIOS (i.e. a black screen appears

2. Launch Windows Explorer, the USB flash disk is shown as a “Removable Disk”. Right-click the

“Crisis_Disk_v1.xx.zip”). Then copy the files “C5PRHx64.fd” to the root directory of the USB

NOTE:
    Make sure the size of “C5PRHx64.fd“ is 8.97MB, and that there is no other *.fd file in the root

Then on AC insert the USB drive press/hold FN+ESC and power up wait 5/6 seconds untill you hear the fans at full speed and then release FN+ESC wait 3/5 mnts once the flsh its complete the laptop will automatically shutdown

If the waiting time takes more than 5 minutes, the system recovery might have failed. Check the
    following:
    • BIOS filename (i.e. C5PRHx64.fd) is correct and in the root directory of the USB flash
    Crisis disk.
    Where can I find this (In Windows OS, unzip the compressed Crisis utility package (i.e. in this case,
    “Crisis_Disk_v1.xx.zip”). I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2019
    If any user has the g9-793 model and has the courage to update the firmware driver and submit the version of this driver:

Maybe you can find the .fd file in the microsoft catalog. But it is not allowed to post the recovery method here in the community.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Hardstaff said:
    xapim said:
    Crisis Utility SOP

NOTE:

following:
    Crisis disk.
    Where can I find this (In Windows OS, unzip the compressed Crisis utility package (i.e. in this case,
    “Crisis_Disk_v1.xx.zip”). I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find it.
    Hardstaff here or even here are good videos on how to create the .fd file but do it at your own risk bare in mind you have to use the hex editor as the new bios files are all .bin in order to find the exact code to rename the file to the proper name.fd or else it will not flash this procedure its only advised to advanced users who know exactly what they are doing to avoid  sending it to repair

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/