Acer Predator Helios 300 won't boot

qwertyuiop
qwertyuiop Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I think I know what the problem here is, but I wanted to post this to get more input. So I was gaming with my acer gaming laptop when it suddenly turned off completely. Now, it won't turn on. In fact, it won't do anything at all. Nothing at all lights up, no noises, no fans, nothing whatsoever. Now, when I plug it in, there's no sound or LED light up like there's supposed to be. I've tried battery resets and checking all the screws (this has been an issue with me in the past) - neither had any effect.

My guess is the issue is with the charger and the battery got drained without me noticing.

I'm not sure I want to spend $100 on a new charger unless I can be sure that's the problem though. I didn't see the battery % before it died and I have no way of turning it on to check anything now. So what should I do? I've had it almost 2 years so the warranty is long gone.

Answers

• JERKje
    JERKje Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi qwertyuiop,

Maybe you can ask around and see if one of your buddies have the same charger and try with it before buying a new one? Are you sure the switchboard is getting the supply and the problem rests with the charger? Maybe try different switchboard?

Cheers!

• qwertyuiop
    qwertyuiop Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    I got a new charger. Unfortunately, it still does nothing. There's no sign of life whatsoever. I think I'll be sending the new charger back in hopes of a refund and maybe get a new laptop or take this to a repair shop to have them look at it. I should at least be able to save the RAM and SSD.